Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rylynn's first day of school


Our little Rylynn is all grown up and off to preschool this year. She is in a great program that is centered on learning through play at Caroll Nursery School. She goes three days a week for a couple of hours and loves it! Last week was the first week of school and they had a couple of days to ease the kids into the separation. So the first day was only an hour and the parents stay with the kids. Then the second day is one and a half hours and the parents have to stay in the building just in case the kids get sad. Then finally on the third day it was a full two and a half hours and it was just a normal drop off day. I mention this because even before the first day of school Rylynn was begging to go and had no problem with the fact that I was going to leave her. In fact the first day she kept saying, "mommy, you can go now!" I didn't take it personally though, because she is such a brave and social girl. I never realized before how great nursery is at preparing kids to leave their parents. She is loving her new teachers Suzanne and Cheryl and she just can't wait to go back next week. Garrett and I have had a real wake up call with this whole experience because we have realized that our little girl is growing up so fast and that for the first time, we are sending her out into the world and we don't have total control over what she learns and hears. It is a little frightening, but we are also very excited for her. She was definitely ready and we are so happy she gets to go to a school she loves! Carter sure misses his friend when she is gone and when it is time to pick her up he stands by the door and cries for her. So we usually go a little early just to comfort Carter.

2 comments:

Mom Marilynn said...

It blows my mind too! I so vividly see the moment she was born in my head and I can't believe how fast the time has flown by!

Happy Home said...

Sweet little Rylynn is all grown up. Can Luke come to pre-school with her? Enjoy your time with just one child!