Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yucky Target?

Last night we were playing outside before bed and Carissa was backing out of the driveway to run some errands. Rylynn asked her where she was going and she told her that she was going to Target. Then Rylynn turned to me and said,

"Mommy is she going to the yucky Target?"

I was a little confused and asked her which one was the yucky Target. She tried to describe it to me and then I realized she was talking about Walmart. I asked her if it was the place we went the other day and mentioned some of the things we bought there and she said,

"yeah that's the yucky Target!"

I had to laugh out loud. She is only four and already she thinks she is too good for Walmart. She's a Target girl through and through.

Now some sad news, Carter chipped his two front teeth last night on the sink during his nightly tooth brushing fit. It was very sad! Garrett and I were talking about it once he was asleep and we decided if we can keep that boy alive to the age of eight we will have done some thing right! He is such a sweet boy but such a risk taker. He is fearless and has no concept that he is fragile and could get hurt. I guess it is a boy thing, but he thinks he is invincible! Hopefully boy number two will be a little more cautious.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH!! Even kids realize Walmart is dirty! I love that. Poor Carter though! I think it is a guy thing they just don't care until it's too late.

marcus said...

Hmmmm. I wonder where Carter gets his toughness? (see bottom picture): http://lawhalls.blogspot.com/2008/11/thanksgiving-weekend.html

ssh said...

i'll second rylnn's yucky target! i passionately hate wally-world!!!!

Carrie Anne said...

oh man! i think that is hilarious about target vs. walmart...a true female.:)

Carissa Poyfair said...

I'm glad you have her trained early. Always go to Target!

Garrett said...

...and Target is the yucky Costco.

Draper's said...

That is too funny. I agree with Rylnn!! Oh poor Carter. Ouch!

The Miche's said...

That is hilarious I have to agree with rylnn that Target is much better! Poor little Carter!

Summer said...

"Yucky Target!" HAHAHA! That's so freakin' funny!

Abigayle said...

way to be anti Walmart! I love my little liberal niece!

Marilyn said...

Ooo that doesn't sound good about your son. Will he have to get them filed? Are they his permanent ones?

Danielle said...

So sad Carter! I am sure there will be many more adventures to come with that little guy :O)