On Saturday we drove for a few hours to meet up with our favorite POYFAIRS in Leavenworth for Octoberfest! It was so much fun to see them and to spend the day together. I wish I had taken a picture of Rylynn jumping off the curb and almost tackling Oliva with her hug, but I couldn't get the camera out fast enough. The weather was COOL but beautiful! I love Fall, it is definitely my favorite season, and Leavenworth had such beautiful fall leaves and mountains for us to enjoy. Leavenworth is a little German style town and all the buildings look like they are old fashioned swiss or German chalets.
Beckett was so difficult and slept almost the whole time in the stroller, which is why he isn't in any of the pictures.
Rylynn was loving all the flowers everywhere. If you look at the Bavarian Lodge pictures you can see the same pretty flowers in flower boxes on every window. I felt like we were in Europe for the day!

The kids were loving the street clown performer! Carter's favorite part was when he juggled with fire.
But the highlights of the day for the kids were the bouncy castle and obstacle course. This thing cost 2$ to go through it 3 times. I'm pretty sure that for every 2$ we spent for Carter he made it through about 8 times without the lady noticing. She was NOT paying very close attention.
Rylynn was loving all the flowers everywhere. If you look at the Bavarian Lodge pictures you can see the same pretty flowers in flower boxes on every window. I felt like we were in Europe for the day!
After the bouncy fun, we went to lots of fun shops around the town. There was a really cool Christmas shop called Kris Kringle's that had really cute decorations. We also went to a chocolate shop and a cheese shop. For lunch we had brats and apple cider. I have to admit, I expected a little more from the Brats being that it was a little German town. Oh well. After the kids had had enough of shops we drove down to a little pumkin patch place that had lots of fun things for the kids.
The boys were loving the airplane swings.
We tried to enjoy our McDonalds dinner in the cold even though we could barely feel our fingers
Then the kids and Dads went on a cow tractor ride all over the little farm. They loved it!
I have a great video of Rylynn squealing with delight, but my computer hates me when it comes to uploading videos. Any suggestions?
The moms warming up by the fire pit. I promise the Dad's were there too, but for some reason I have no pictures of them. They had a lot of fun being goofballs together as usual. It was so much fun to chat and catchup. We had a great time. We love you Poyfairs!


6 comments:
Looks so fun and beautiful! Miss you!
Ok, Rachel! I'm so excited that you're experimenting with recipes!! Yay now I have someone to enter contests with! I bet you made something so yummy!!! we'll have to talk (you're more of an expert than me though)
We had so much fun seeing you guys! Thanks for coming out there to spend some time with us. My kids still talk about Leavenworth, although they thought we were in Ohio. It was funny when we were leaving Olivia was talking about the Ohio house and all, and it took us a while to realize that she thinks when we see you, we must be in Ohio!
cute litty dawling babies. I want to steal them all. Don't worry. I won't.
Leavenworth looks and sounds like so much fun! Can the Andersons tag along next year? Ü I hear it's lovely there at Christmastime.
What great times with dear friends!
Post a Comment