Carter has been telling us for months that he wants to be a "gary, gary ghost!" That means scary scary ghost. Then he follows that up with, "I'm gonna gare you! Booo!" So I tried to find a ghost costume, but no one makes those so finally I bought a pillow case and just cut it up. It worked out great! He loved his costume!
So on Halloween day, we tried so hard to get Carter to take a nap (he is in the growing out of naps phase) since we knew he would be staying up late that night, but he refused. So as usual when he refuses to take a nap, he just falls asleep where ever he happens to be around 5pm.
I was getting Rylynn ready and came into my room to find this. Seriously how uncomfortable does that look? At least he was already dressed, but I still had to do his face makeup. So I laid him on the floor and managed to get it all done while he was sound asleep!
Then we were off to our friend's house, the Jensens for some soup, cider, and trick or treating!
We had a great time with friends and they live in a great neighborhood so the trick or treating was lots of fun. Garrett's cousin Stacey and her family were there too and a couple of other people from the ward. I stayed behind with our little sleeping cub where it was warm and ate lots of yummy food.
6 comments:
Such adorable costumes! I think you were a fairy/tinkerbell whatever for about 7 years straight!
"I'm going to GARE you!" HaHaHa! That's too cute! Glad you all had a happy Halloween!
cute! rylynn is so much prettier in the pink anyway. little james wanted to be a ghost when he was little like carter but i didn't think to do face makeup...that's a better idea than putting the pillow case over his head with cut out eyes. so darling!
I am cracking up that you did his makeup while he was asleep. That is so funny! He is such a crack up! Lily asked where Rylynn got her pink fairy costume, she wants one like it.
Olivia totally wanted to be a fairy princess again but I vetoed that. I'm such a mean mom! Love the picture of Carter sleeping. He really does fall asleep wherever he is! I wish I could sleep like that sometimes! Your Halloween looked like fun!
I love that you made his costume out of a pillowcase! And did his makeup while he was asleep. Too funny.
Congrats on passing the bar! Good luck with the new firm, that sounds like an awesome location!
Post a Comment