Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Eight Years to US!

Yes, today was our 8th wedding anniversary!  And I feel soooo blessed to be married to the best man in the world.  We had an awesome celebration!  No just kidding, we've accepted the fact that anniversaries will suck during the baby years so we are planning an AMAZING anniversary trip for year 15:)  Seriously though, I sometimes think back on the eight years we have been married and wonder how in the world I got so lucky.  I was just a wee young 18 year old when this amazing man walked into my life and changed it forever.  Hopefully Rylynn's path will not be the same as mine for her mother and father's sake, but for reasons I am still finding out, it was my path to get married young, and I'm so thankful I did.  It hasn't been the easiest road being poor students, working multiple jobs, and having kids along the way, but these trials have all made us so much better and brought us so close to eachother and the Lord.  I wouldn't change my path for anything.  I am just so happy that I get to walk it hand in hand with my best friend and the person I admire most on this earth.  I love you honey!

4 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

happy anniversary...you two are such good people & i'm glad you found each other. i figure we'll have our 2nd honeymoon YEARS from now.:)

Carissa Poyfair said...

Happy anniversary! Isn't it true though, about not celebrating? Plus you have 7 more years to plan your awesome party!

ssh said...

it's funny out things work out. i'm looking forward to your 15th for you! do you have a place in mind?! you've been married twice a long as i have and have 3 x's as many kids as i do! (not hard when my tally is 0!) happy 8!

Mom Marilynn said...

wow I can't believe it has been 8 years! Amazing! It was a very sweet tribute to your best friend!