This is our brave little Munch ready for surgery at 7:00AM! Rylynn has struggled with strep throat and sleep apnea for the last couple of years so we decided after her latest bout of strep that it was time to get her tonsils out. Luckily, Geoff, who is Stacey's husband(Garrett's cousin) is an ENT and put Carter's tubes in so we knew we had a great Doctor. He did a great job! Rylynn is such a little worrier like me so for weeks before the surgery she stressed and worried about how it would be. We talked to her about it and reassured her and finally she decided it was worth it to never have to get another strep culture test again. She hates those! So the morning of the surgery she was all smiles and bravery.
She did however get a little annoyed about having to put the gown on. She was told she could come in her comfy jammies and she was sad to have to take her cozy jammie shirt off.
She looks a little scared, but really she was just bored and anxious to get it over with.
There's the confidence!
She did great and Geoff told us her adnoids were enormous and her tonsils were really inset so it was a really good thing we got them taken out. When she got home she slept for a long time but then she started throwing up because of the Loritab. I should have known not to put her on crazy strong pain meds since neither her Mom or Dad does well with those. After throwing up ten times, we called Geoff and decided to take her off the Loritab and switch to regular childrens Motrin. The next day she was a new woman. She was outside running around the neighborhood with her friends. We had to remind her that she had just had surgery and to take it easy. The snoring and sleep apnea was gone the second night! We are so happy she got it done and that her recovery went so well.
6 comments:
natalie's little guy got his out too, and his voice was really high for a day or two after. hehehe. great job on the second place for th pie eating contest!!!! yummmy!!
Wow that's amazing that the recovery was so easy! I really want to get my tonsils out this fall and I hear the recovery was horrible, if I could guarantee a recovery like Rylynn I would be all for it! Glad it went well, and Rach way to go on the pie eating contest!!!
Wow! What a brave girl she is! I'm glad she finally got those tonsils out. I'm sure she sleeps so much better now. Glad everything went well!
She is so cute and brave in those pictures!! I am glad the recovery went well!
WOW! Kids amaze me with how fast they recover from things! I had my tonsils out in Ohio about three years ago, and recover was HORRIBLE! I was absolutely miserable for weeks!
I'm glad she did so well!
she looks so grown up in the gown! i'm glad everything went so smoothly!!! here's to more nights full of sleep.:)
Post a Comment