Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Little Daredevil

Carter already thinks he is 5 like all the rest of his friends in the neighborhood, so we weren't surprised at all a couple weeks ago when Carter decided he was ready to ride his bike without training wheels.  He is 3 1/2, NOT 5 like Rylynn and all her friends were when they started riding sans training wheels.  This didn't phase him for a second though.  Two weekends ago, he begged Garrett to take them off.
 
After a few tries he was staying up and riding just fine, he just couldn't start by himself and his turning was a little shaky.  He was determined not to give up so easily though.  On Monday I went out with him to practice and realized that the only reason he couldn't start on his own was because his seat was too high.  So one quick adjustment and he was a new man!  
The next day he was hot doggin it and standing up while riding, only holding on with one hand, and riding up and down the curbs in the neighborhood with no problems.  He seriously has no fear when it comes to physical abilities.  
I have to say it was really fun for me to watch Carter pick this up so fast and so young because I vividly remember the day that my older brother just decided I was ready to ride my bike without training wheels when I was 3!  He taught me in one day.  As a parent I have second guessed that memory thinking there is no way a three year old could do that, but now watching Carter, I have no doubts.  Keeping up with older siblings is a very motivating force!



4 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That is amazing! Lance is still working on the tricycle!! Way to go Carter, that is awesome!!! Cute family picture on the top of your blog!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I am so impressed! Jack has never even tried to get on a bike! way to go Carter! Oh, I also love the new pic on top of your blog!

Danielle said...

What a beautiful new family photo! You look so good Rach :O)

Mom Marilynn said...

Love the new family pictures. I need them on my wall! Costco please?? What a brave boy - just like his Mama at 3!