Garrett got to go fishing a few weeks ago with some friends up in Nothern Idaho. It was a little like reliving his childhood for him since he grew up steelhead fishing in AK. Idaho isn't quite the same as AK or so Garrett has told me, but he had a great time none the less and brought home this beauty for dinner.
As an avid "Chopped" watcher I thought filleting a fish would be a piece of cake. Well I was wrong and the fish was way slimier and slipperier than I expected. This one turned out okay but the other side was a pretty bad hack job. Oh well they still tasted good.
Garrett thought it was funny to take the head and make the fish head talk to the kids. Actually the kids thought it was pretty funny too. I was a little grossed out myself.
Proudly holding his prize. We have pictures of him as a little kid holding up steelheads three times this big so Garrett wasn't overly impressed, but I personally thought it was huge compared to the tiny things I used to catch up at my Grandparent's cabin.
In other random news, we got Ollie neutered this week and he was pretty sore for a couple days. Rylynn and Carter was so sweet with him while he recovered. This was the first night and Rylynn tucked him into her soft pink blankey for the night. He loved it.
My two babies in the grass.
I love this face. Obviously these pics are outdated since he is walking now, but I still thought they were cute.


3 comments:
I can't believe you fileted that fish by yourself! Just the thought grosses me out. Ew. I'm sure it tasted great though!
I saw some Breaking Dawn photos & thought of you, of course. Those kids are growing too fast! How is Beckett walking now? Oh man! What a fun October...I can tell yours was as busy as mine! Hope you are well!
You are such a great wife. I can't even tough a fish let alone filet one. Your little puppy is so cute!! Your kids are even cuter!!
Post a Comment