Friday, December 17, 2010

Gearing up for Christmas

We usually put up our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving but we needed a few days to recover this year and we still had family in town so we put them up for a family Home evening activity on Monday.  My Grandma gave us a really sweet Christmas book as a thank you for having her for Thanksgiving so we read that before we started.  

The kids were so good about helping this year.  In the past I have waited to put up the fragile ornaments when they are in bed, but this year they got to help.  We only had one glass ball break.  Not bad.

Carter was loving feeling all grown up with the fragile ornaments!

For some reason Rylynn is making a scary face with the flowers.

She was a big help though.

Ollie was not much help but he looked so cute and cozy curled up in the Christmas blanket.

Our evenings efforts!

That weekend Garrett had an overnighter with the YM in the ward so the kids and I decided to do a little Christmas project while he was gone.  Rylynn was supposed to decorate this tree for her kindergarten class and it was supposed to be a family project.  

It was a lot of fun and the kids did a great job  It turned out so cute!

The next FHE we decided to make sugar cookies like we did for Thanksgiving but this time we were goign to deliver them to our neighbors.  Unfortunately they were too good and we ate them all.  Literally.  Don't worry, we made different neighbor gifts the next week:)

My kids got addicted to Rudolph and the island of Misfit toys last year, but we don't have the movie so they have been watching it on the computer.  They were so excited to see it again.  Even Beckett got to watch!  Other than that we have had baking, shopping, parties, and more baking, dance recitals, and all the craziness that is December.  Finally today was the last day of school and we are leaving Wednesday for our Christmas cabin in the woods as my kids call it.  We are excited!  Bring on the relaxing part of Christmas:)

3 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Are you guys coming to Utah to your cabin? I am going out with the London Ladies on tuesday, I wish you were here, I had so much fun with you and Heidi that night, oh so many laughs! Love ya girl. Hopefully I can see you again sometime soon!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yay for an update! It looks like you have been so busy! And it looks like you got way more snow than we did over here. It was more of an ice storm than a snow storm. I can't believe how happy your kids are in the freezing snow! I love your Thanksgiving menu. I'll have to try that turkey next year! Miss you!

Draper's said...

Super cute decorations. Way fun family nighs!!