I haven't been able to blog lately due to a broken camera! Yes it has been broken since before Rylynn's birthday and yes I just took it in yesterday to be fixed so I shouldn't really be complaining but still. So the only pictures I have from St Patrick's Day are from my phone and let's be honest, phone pictures aren't great. Anyway, we had a lot of fun building a leprachaun trap for Rylynn's Kindergarten class.
Then we had our yearly corned beef and cabbage dinner with lime fluff cake for dessert. We all made sure to wear green so that no one got pinched! The kids were so worried about getting pinched:) And of course Garrett's favorite part of St P's Day is all the basketball being played. I am killing him in my bracket so far BTW:)
In other news I had to quickly record this story for posterity. A friend of mine is the primary music leader and my visiting teacher. So she called to schedule a visit and told me the cutest story about Rylynn. Apparently last sunday they had a cancellation on the Junior primary talk so they asked if anyone would be willing to come bare their testimony to fill the time. Well if you know anything about my daughter you know that her hand flew up immediately without one moments thought. My friend said she went up there and did a great job and she was so impressed with how confident Rylynn was.
I was a little surprised that I hadn't heard about this from Rylynn since she usually can't wait to tell us about those kinds of things but she hadn't. So when I got off the phone I said, "Rylynn, sister so and so just told me that you bore your testimony in Primary and did a great job!" Then I asked her why she didn't tell me and what she had said. She said, "oh I forgot to tell you Mom. I don't remember what I said, but it was really sweet!" Haha that girl cracks me up! This is just another Rylynn story that makes me laugh and smile because my daughter has confidence coming out her ears. It is a tough thing to deal with sometimes but it also brings me so much peace as a mother because I know she won't let anyone push her around.

3 comments:
That Rylynn is so funny! Yesterday I was out in the hall with my unruly son and Eden decided to follow me out. Rylynn was out there too. She ran up to Eden looking like she had the most exciting news to share. She said "Guess what Eden!?" And then paused while Eden seriously tried to "guess what" and then Rylynn said "I almost named my dog your name, it's Edith but that is really close to Eden so it's almost your name!" Then she waved goodbye and ran the other direction...so cute!
Rylynn has such a fun personality! I love how she is not afraid of anything. Sorry your camera is broken. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Sometimes I like when I forget my camera, though, because it helps me focus on my kids instead of taking pictures all the time.
she is 13 going on 30!! i love it!
Post a Comment