Lots of crafts and art projects, that is when Beckett is asleep so that the house doesn't get completely destroyed.
Lots of lego creating. Carter's always seem to be the best.
Quite a bit of house, baby, make believe, dress-ups, cross dressing, whatever you want to call it. Rylynn seem to usually take the lead on this one and is the master creator of the story line. Carter is such a good sport and goes along with most things she comes up with because he just loves playing with his big sissy.
We had another crazy hair day and this is the extent to which Rylynn was comfortable going for "crazy hair". She always gets so worried that she will be the weirdest one and then we show up to school and hers is barely even unusual looking. I try to tell her every year that she can really do something crazy but she doesn't believe me. Oh well.
Beckett started going potty in the toliet at least a couple times a day. We still haven't actually tried the real potty training since I have been pregnant and lazy, but this was the day I let him wear underwear for a little while. He really was excited eventhough he looks totally depressed in this picture:)
Beckett and I went on a little date to the new cupcake shop in town. It is amazing! He is eating the strawberry cheesecake cupcake which I very kindly helped him finish off while he was running around the store.
This is what I found one morning when I got out of the shower. Apparently Beckett felt like he needed to wear a bra?
Rylynn drew an elaborate portrayal of the Bubble Guppies episode the kids were watching one night before bed. She kind of got obsessed with drawing on the wipe board for a while there. Like I said, we all go a little crazy during the blah winter months!
Then came Valentine's Day and the sugar high breathed some life into our daily activities.
We of course had our FHE cookie decorating night with our lesson on Loving one another.
Somehow the kids are really quiet and attentive to the lesson when they get to stuff sugar cookies in their mouths while we talk:)
This is to document that even when it is 30 degrees outside, my children refuse to wear winter clothes inside. Beckett pretty much goes clotheless in his diaper all day so it is kind of a miracle that he is wearing shorts in this picture and the other two always have shorts and tee shirts on. I swear these kids were meant to grow up in Florida or something.
Getting Valentines cards from Mom and Dad was exciting!
They also got very cute cards from Nana and Papa with some strange poems written by a sleep-deprived Nana:) and a huge package of goodies and cards from Granny and Grandpa.
The goodie package came with Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory candy apples for everyone along with lots of other yummy treats! And this was all before the candy onslaught from the school parties.
Oh and the biggest event on Valentine's Day this year was that my little sister got ENGAGED!! We are so excited for her and we love her fiance Matt. He is a big fan of good food so we think he'll fit in with the Monson clan very well:)
So with a little help from lots of sugar and fun family times we made it through the blah months!

2 comments:
Oh Rach, all these updates made me miss you guys so much! I can't believe Beckett is already old enough to pee in the potty and that Rylynn is 7 and that Carter goes to Pre-K. Where has the time gone? Also, seeing all you do as a mother...V-Day cookies, art projects, parties, etc., wow. I don't think I can ever keep up that pace. We're good if I get a shower in daily. Here's to Super Mom Rachel.
Even though I get to live it with you everyday, I love reading your blog! Your kids are so stinking hilarious. Watching them run around in the rain with their summer clothes just cracks me up...oh I'm gonna miss that :(
Post a Comment