Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tis the Season

Our December started off with a huge snowstorm! Here in Saint George that is highly unusual but we were thrilled because we(the kids and I) have missed our snowy winters.  We ended up getting six inches in one day and it stuck around for weeks.  

 The snowstorm hit on Saturday so church was cancelled the next day.  Garrett and I were scheduled to speak in church so we weren't too sad:)  We decided to spend our Sabbath decorating christmas cookies and drawing pictures of the Nativity.
 Rylynn age 8
 Carter 6 (almost 7)
These were the icicles that hung around for a few weeks after the storm.  The kids loved them and I kept finding gross half licked icicles in our freezer!

Even though we were heading to AZ for Christmas Garrett and the kids insisted that we still go all out on our Christmas decorations.  Garrett had just been called as the Elders Quorum President so he wanted to have a Christmas party at our house to get to know the couples of the Quorum better.  I was not excited about decorating this year since Dallas is very busy and into everything.  He pulled this tree over 4 times before I finally got smart and tied it to the wall!

Dallas would pull out the dining room chair and spend hours watching the village.  First thing when he would wake up in the morning he would drag us in and make us turn on the lights and merry go round and carousel. He was so sad when it was time to put it away for the year.

 The town of Bloomington had a tree lighting ceremony with donuts, hot chocolate, and a visit from Santa.  It was a fun night!  Dallas wasn't a huge fan of Mr and Mrs Claus this year:)
We put off putting up the second tree given the fact that Dallas had been pulling down the other tree for weeks.  I gave Garrett the job of figuring out which lights were out and this is what I came in to find.  He doesn't do so well with late night projects:)

 Our ward Christmas party was a Night in Nauvoo theme this year.  It was so much fun and the kids and I were part of the musical production.  I sang with the choir and then the kids and I acted out a Nauvoo school Christmas scene depicting the school kids acting out the Nativity.  They did a great job!
 A week later Abby went into labor early and since my Mom wasn't flying in until Christmas Eve, I volunteered to drive up and help her during the delivery.  I was able to be there for the birth and stay for a couple of days after to help them adjust.
 Little Ezra was born and we were all thrilled to meet him!

 It was so special for me to be there and be a part of Abby's first birth since she had been there with me for mine.  
 A couple days after I got back home, we had a small Christmas morning with just our family so we wouldn't have to haul all the presents with us to AZ.  
 Dallas is obsessed with Doggies or as he calls them "woo woos" so he was thrilled to get his very own woo woo that barks and paws and does all sorts of cute dog things.
 Beckett and Carter were thrilled to add some new bow and arrows along with matching quivers to their arsenal!
Daddy got a new cabin hat for Christmas and Dallas was a big fan of it.  He would grab it and wear it around any chance he could get.

 Our Christmas party was lots of fun!  We had a white elephant exchange that produced many great treasure such as this huge boom box!
 It was also an ugly sweater party and there were lots of beautiful choices!
 Unfortunately, four couples had to cancel at the last minute with sick kids and broken pipes but we still had great food and lots of laughs.
 We even invited a few lucky High Priest couples.  The Trasks are some of our favorite people in the ward and they are really young at heart so they fit in perfectly.
 We played a few fun get to know you games too and then it was time to award the ugliest sweater award....
Mike's Christmas cardigan came out on top!  

Lindsay and Brandon's matching heart sweaters were the runner ups.  They had white doves attached in the beginning of the night but the ended up on the christmas tree by the time I took this picture.  We are planning to make this an annual event so we are keeping our eyes out for ugly sweaters for next year!

No comments: