Here is the belated tribute to our annual trip to Mexico. PS this is a really long post!
We arrived at the Puerto Vallarta airport to much fanfare. A mob of locals was awaiting our arrival offering to carry our bags, show us to our vehicle and otherwise pamper us in every conceivable way. They were all very excited to see us and it made us feel like celebrities. This excitement ceased when we choose two Senors to carry our bags, which left out the others. They were obviously disappointed, but I think deep down inside they were happy that we considered them. The two Senors parted the mob for us and took us to our van. We gave them what turned out to be a somewhat meager tip, which turned them against us as well. So, we arrived to fanfare and left to dirty looks. Such is the life of a celebrity - one minute they love you, the next minute they curse you.
Anyway, we got in the van and we were on our way to The Grand Mayan. The rest of the week was a lot of swimming, virgin Pina Colatas, and sun! Oh and I can't forget also a lot of Wii! My Mom and Dad bought a wii for the trip and we played it everyday. Then when the kids went to bed at night we would play American Idol wii and sing karaoke. It was so much fun and also very entertaining:)
My mom brought a lot of water toys this trip so this is one of the water fights at one of the pools. There were probably 20 pools plus the main pool which is the length of three football fields. Needless to say we never got bored at the pool!


Another afternoon activity. The girls had a little game of restaurant they liked to play with any adult willing to play the server. This day it was Nana who got the job. When Garrett did it he wrote out a whole menu and had them sign a bill and everything. They never got tired of it.

One day we took a boat ride around the resort. There is also a train you can take around the resort which the kids also loved. Nathan was so excited to get on the boat that he stepped a little too early and landed in the river. Luckily he is the oldest grandson and he can swim so it wasn't a big deal.

This is Nathan and Marianne on the boat ride. Nathan had to sit on her lap because he was wet from falling in the river.
Each day we take a turn being in charge of afternoon activities for the kids. This is the first activity that Aunt Danielle was in charge of. The kids each got a sand pail and shovel and they got to decorate their pails with the foamy stick ons. They loved it.

This year we started the tradition of a girls' day and a boys' day. For girls' day we went into a little town called Bucaria and shopped and had lunch right on the ocean. The food was so amazing and so was the view. Then we came back and went to the spa and pampered ourselves with facials and massages. The boys' day was all about golf and food. I love this new tradition!
This is the view from our table at the restaurant in Bucaria.
Me and the kids by the waterfall, you can tell Carter was really happy to stop swimming to take the picture.

The view of the beach from our balcony. Each room has it's own balcony with a little wading pool on it. The kids loved it, but it made it stressful for the parents. We couldn't ever leave the doors open with the little kids around.
Rylynn got pretty brave with the ocean this trip. She even let Daddy take her way out and jump the waves!

We had a sand castle building contest and this is Uncle Jordan, Danielle, and Thais's castle. We all got prizes!
Thanks Nana and Papa for an awesome trip!! We can't wait for next year!
8 comments:
I am soooooooooooooo jealous! How fun! I see Garrett is sporting the goatee. Very nice. I can't believe how big Rylynn is getting- she looks just like a little girl, not a toddler anymore. Rachel- I love your hair you look gorgeous!
Life is unfair when your good friend is a gorgeous as you! You are a HOT mama! When do I get to look that good in a swim suit?? I love your hair curly and short as well. Good timing on doing it before your trip.
We do a girls and boys night at our reunions as well. Of course we have never been in Mexico (Utah is usually the destination) but it is fun to get out for some pampering with the girls.
I loved all these pictures and now I miss you like crazy! Is it 2009 yet? Call me this week. I leave in 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s.- American Idol Wii sounds so fun:)
Well, I'm still jealous, but I'm glad you all had a great time. It looks like so much work to put together your reunions with crafts and all but it looks well worth it. I am so making Adam take me to Mexico when he makes some moolah. You guys will have to come with us so you can show us all the awesome places to go! See you next month (right?)
Rach- that looked like it was so much fun! Wow, all the amenities. I love the girls day and boys day idea. So fun! And the kids activities, darling! What a fun tradition. And you look beautiful by the way - and so skinny!
I am so glad to FINALLY see your Mexico pics! And I'm glad we have blogs this summer to stay connected (unlike last summer). It looks like you guys had a blast! I am quite jealous, actually! My favorite is the "restaurant game!"
It looks like you have a great time. How fun!! I love all of the pictures. I am so glad you didn't come around Matt. He had pink eye and some sinus infection. He is getting better. We are excited for you to come to church with us in two weeks.
oh what fun you had! i think that is awesome your family goes there every year...so worth it! loving your hair, still, too...it looks awesome short!!!
yes, we'd love to visit with you sometime...we are missing cleveland SO BAD right now...and all the friends there! give me another week or two and maybe i can get myself together before noon!:) let's be in touch FOR SURE!
Looks like you guys had so much fun!! Love all the cute pics!
Post a Comment