Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Doing something wrong

I must be doing something wrong in my parenting efforts with Carter since he makes no attempt to even mimic me when I try to teach him to say please and thank you, but I say hot dog and donut once and instantly he says them crystal clear! It is a reflection of where his heart is I guess. Not that he isn't a sweet heart, I just think he cares more about food than anything on this earth at this point in his young life. He has also mastered the word NO this week and More! I just love hearing him learn new words each day, it is so much fun. Unfortunately, Carter, Rylynn, Mama and Dada all still come out as Dada with an occasional Mama in there, but only when he is really sad. Some other words in his repertoire are cracker, cookie, mmm and pop pop which means popsicle. Do you notice a trend? It's a work in progress.

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

More like doing something right. You are obviously teaching him the most important words in the English language... hot dog, cookie, cracker, etc. At least he won't starve if he can say what he wants all the time!

Summer said...

Yeah, it's true, they say what they want to say! You're a good mom!

Happy Home said...

You a are wonderful mom! (Nice change of the background, by the way). Men, boys included, love food. And it's not the vegetables that they love! Carter has always loved food. I remember being amazed at the amount of food that kid could put away when you visited. The rest of his vocabulary will catch up soon. If you are lucky he will learn how to call you a "poopy mom".

Danielle said...

I love Carter's food obsession! It's a very endearing trait :O)
I love your new background!