Ode to the Binkie
I miss you - how you calmed this troubled heart.
These years you've lulled my grief to minor hums;
Assuaged my pain and bid it to depart.
You've served me better than ten thousand thumbs.
Green, pink, round, flat, with stripes or poka dots;
It matters not how colorful you are,
But how you help me to think happy thoughts.
You muted screams and made them seem afar.
For solace, comfort, oh where shall I go?
When owies hurt, whatever shall I do?
Your soothing calm again I'll never know;
I lost it when to you I bid adieu.
Oh binks, Rylynn may wish for your return;
But I - all heart and mind - for you doth yearn!
- Rylynn's Daddy
11 comments:
*sniff* That was...beautiful.
Now that's talent. I think you're in the wrong field.
Leave it to the English major to write a sonnet about a binkie. I must admit, when I first started reading this post I thought "Rachel is a lot like me and I don't write poetry." When I saw that it was Garrett, everything became clear! Our husbands strike again in the "I can't believe how much they are alike" contest!
Hang in there Garrett, everything will be okay. If you need some comfort, I am sure the binkie fairy wouldn't mind if you borrowed a binkie for yourself!
HaHaHa! You're too funny, Garrett!
I don't think you could have said it any better, although now I am looking forward to a country song from you.
That was truly inspiring...like Carissa...I can't wait for the country song!!
I had to read it aloud to get the full impact of the powerful emotions behind this incredible literary effort! I LOVE IT!! We must read it aloud at her wedding banquet!!
That was hillarious. I am getting nervous to take Lance off of it!
oh that is funny & describes perfectly the trauma of binkies.:)
hilarious!
That is too funny!!
Post a Comment