Carter has just been growing leaps and bounds lately. His vocabulary is exploding and his little personality is really shining through. Some of his new words are football, soccer ball, baseball, basketball, and hoop which comes out boop, or sometimes poop. He also loves Curious George all of a sudden and calls him Joe. He likes to pretend to talk on his phone and says, "hi dad." I think he picked that up this summer since Daddy was gone so much. Speaking of Daddy. He is a little clone of his daddy lately.
He just randomly one morning picked up his cereal bowl and drank the milk and I was thinking Daddy had to have taught him that one because I do not like the milk after the cereal has been in it.
Then yesterday he came into our room and pointed at the TV and said "football." So at first I was like yeah lets go get your football. He got really frustrated and pointed at the TV again and said FOOTBALL! So I turned on a football game that Garrett had Tivod early and he got so excited. He just sat on our bed and watched it with a big smile. Then he would stand up and clap and cheer when anything happened. He kept looking over at me with a huge smile and pointing at the TV and saying football!
I told this story to Garrett and he was so proud. Carter also loves to jump now like his sister. He does big bunny hops and loves to jump and throw his basketball in his hoop. He also has developed quite the little dance moves. He loves to kick his leg while he dances, which just so happens to be his daddy's patented dance move. Let me just say it is cuter when you are 1 and 1/2:) One more little manny update is that he absolutely loves taking baths and showers right now. Every time one of us is in the shower he runs to the bathroom and tries to jump in fully clothed. So the other day I had just gotten out of the shower and Rylynn had climbed in and Garrett and I were both preoccupied so we didn't notice that Carter had run in the bathroom and hopped in the bath before we could get his clothes off.
His sister thought that was very funny. They are such great buddies right now too. Every morning when Carter wakes up before Rylynn he gets so sad that she isn't awake to play with. When she finally does wake up he runs to her and they give each other a huge hug. It is so adorable! He has to do everything that Rylynn does. He refuses to sit in his highchair because he has to sit at the princess table with her. He is so much fun right now. We just love our little Carter man!
11 comments:
Thais drinks her milk first out of the cereal bowl, and then eats her cheerios (did not learn that one from me)
Cute picture's from Molly's shower. Looks like fun!
What a cute Little Man! I love that he got in the tub with his clothes on! Too funny!
Awesome baby Carter Manny! He is adorable, love the tub pix and the shower and cake looked amazing!aa
Carter really does seem to be growing up all of the sudden. It's great that he has such a good relationship with his sister, they will be really close growing up. Cute kids.
I love it. So cute! I wish I could meet this little guy.
We miss you guys! :)
He is so so so cute! I love the picture of him in the tub with his clothes on. What a character! Your kids are so cute.
He is a cute little guy!!
this is such a fun age! i remember when brother turned 2 & he & bee started being buddies, too, & i loved it so much! what a cutie!
ps-thanks for the nursing/calories info...very helpful!
ps-i love that you love dave matthews, too! i've seen him a lot in concert, too...love him every time!:)
I'm just glad you thought to get a picture of him in the tub with his clothes on. Seriously, he is growing up so fast!
This post makes me miss when my kids were that little. Every new thing was SO exciting and it IS so fun, like you said, to see their personalities develop. He is such a unique kid. You guys are blessed!
Post a Comment