Saturday, October 4, 2008
lesson learned
I just have to write a quick follow-up post to our miracle story. Tonight Rylynn and Carter and I went to the grocery store with my mom and as we were leaving I realized we had lost Carter's binky somewhere in the store. So I sent my mom to the car with the kids and I ran around looking quickly to see if I could find it since I had just bought it today! I couldn't find it and it was late and I wanted to get the kids in bed so I just headed for the car. So when I got in Rylynn asked if I found Carter's binky and I said no I couldn't find it and she said, "You know what you should do Mama, you should say a prayer and Heavenly Father will help you find it." I thought that was so sweet and I was so proud of her for applying the lessons we learned from our camera miracle. Then my Mom said that as they were walking out she was telling the kids that she didn't know where the car was and that Rylynn had told her that if she gets lost she can just pray and ask Heavenly Father to help her find the car. I was like wow, she really learned that lesson well! So I just wanted to record for posterity the faith of my little three year old. It is always a good reminder to me that I need to have more childlike faith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Seriously, Rylynn is too smart for her own good! And she has amazing parents to help her learn along the way too. So... did you ever find that binky? Maybe you should tie a bell to his binkys since they bounce so well!
oh that is darling! what a good mommy you are!
Love the story. Rylynn is turning out to be a great candidate for marriage. The betrothal is still on. I was distracted at the picture to the right of the story. Who is the pregnant mommy???
Rylynn is such a sweet girl and super smart!! Love her story.
Your kids are adorable! I think the learning slows down as they age (or maybe they just start ignoring you!)... so take advantage of it!
Sorry I've been so hard to get a hold of. It's been busy around here- but I'm also the worlds worst phone person. I loose it, forget to charge it, etc., etc. My email is dlane@students.ocpm.edu I'm better at that! Go figure.
How great are those stories. I actually cried. Their faith is just so amazing!! Those boys, you can't put anything anywhere, high or low, because they WILL find them. So glad it works and that Rylynn's understanding is so great.
Post a Comment