Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just Some of the things I Love Here

I have been getting really sad about leaving our wonderful home here in Ohio since I know there are only so many months left. So I took some random pictures of things that I love about living here. We have been just dumped with snow lately, but I don't mind too much because of this great guy!


This is Paul our awesome landlord! No matter what time it is, or how cold it is, Paul is always outside clearing our driveway when it snows. The driveways here are so stinkin' long and he has to plow two of them every time. The other day during our yearly winter storm warning, he was up at 6am plowing and then he did it three other times before the day was over. Paul lives right next door, so if we ever need him to fix anything he comes over right away. He is the best!


We are really going to miss this little bunch of munchkins!! We love having our date group every week. I swear it is the kids favorite night of the week. We all switch off watching all the kids once a month and get to go out on dates the other nights. The kids all love each other and it has been so good for Garrett and I to get our date nights regularly. I don't know what Rylynn is going to do without Emma and Olivia. She already tells us that she wants them to come with us when we move and that she will NOT make any new friends where we move because she is already friends with Emma and Olivia!


Luckily, this next thing I love gets to come with me! I just had to post this picture for posterity. This is Rylynn's first shiner compliments of her little brother Carter. Last weekend we were trying to get the house ready for the date group kids to come over and while I was vacuuming, Carter pulled the extension rod out of the side of the vacuum and threw it right at Rylynn's eye! At first I didn't think it looked too bad, but as I got closer to her to comfort her I realized it was growing by the second and turing purple and black. Poor girl. After she cheered up, I asked her if I could take a picture and she put on the dramatics big time with this sad little face.

I know Rylynn is really going to be sad when we move. She is already very worried that we will leave something from her room behind. We keep having to reassure her that we will bring all her toys and her bed. We are all going to miss this place a lot. We have such great neighbors and friends that we are going to miss so much. I will really miss our house too. It is the first house we have ever lived in and it has really become our little home, although I must admit, I won't complain about a little more room for the kids to run around:)

7 comments:

Seriously... said...

you're good to start missing things now, that way you can appreciate them before you leave. I didn't start missing cleveland until after we left, then there was nothing I could do about it :) it was a great place to spend some time...really fun people. I am glad, however, to have my california january, and not cleveland's :)

Carrie Anne said...

i don't think i'll ever stop missing that place...maybe when we get to a place i like. i miss SO MANY things about cleveland it kills me everyday! i feel like we left home & that i never get to go back. i've been so sad about it ever since we left! thank goodness for blogs!

Danielle said...

Poor Rylynn! That is such a sad picture! It is hard to leave a place that you love so much, I would totally feel that way if we ever move from here. We're sure glad you'll be a little closer though.

Happy Home said...

You have had a good life in Ohio, and things are just going to get better! A job, babies, and being near family. Of course I will miss your spring break trips!

Mom Marilynn said...

That picture of Rylynn is sad but also funny that she could make the rest of her face look so dramatically tragically SAD! Funny girl! She will always love those first friends. That was a darling friends picture! Change is hard for Rylynn; NO?, her mother is JUST FINE with change!!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

There are lots of things about Ohio that I will miss too. It's good that you are realizing what they are so you can enjoy them more while you are still here. I can't believe we are out of here in 3-ish months!

Summer said...

Oh no! Rylynns poor little eye!

I complain a little about Ohio (especially in the winter), but I know I'm going to really miss it too when we leave! That's a great date group you guys have! SO smart!!!