Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In the Words of Carter


We just love the way Carter talks right now and I have been meaning to write down some of his funny little sayings for awhile and finally got around to it the other day.

"What Say?" Translation: What did you say? This one is best if you hear it in person because his voice goes up to a high pitched squeal at the end.

"I neek a nakin" Translation: I need a napkin

"Hup in d'air" Translation: I want Daddy to throw me up in the air

"Baa finky/finky" Translation: Baa blankie which is a little blankie that has sheep on it that he loves. He calls all blankies "finky" He also says, "Swing in Finky" which means I want Daddy to play swing in the blankie.

"I want mine hoop" Translation: He always substitutes the word mine for my. I love it. My favorite is when he says I hurt mine toe or some other body part.

"Where'd mine uh-oh go?" Translation: Where did my binky go? Both of my children at this age have called their binkies uh-ohs. We think that it comes from us saying uh oh when they drop it out of their mouth or crib when they are babies.

"I want to watch Georgie in home" Translation: I want to watch Curious George at home. He always lets us know where he wants to watch a show, "in home" or "in car".

"Bee-nana" Translation: Banana (thanks Jana!)

"Whey-ah" Translation: Where?

"I want to nuggle mine bat" Translation: I want to snuggle with my baseball bat. He usually ends up with about five toys that he "nuggles" each night.

"We going to the water mountain?!" This is another one that is best heard since it too goes up in a high pitched squeal at the end. Translation: Are we going to the park with the water fountain? There is a park here that we go to at least three times a week that has water shooting out of the ground and all different water fountains and he loves it!

"I want throw rocks in the rivey" Translation: I want to go throw rocks in the river. For some reason all of his words that end in "er" sound like they end in "ey" instead. Other examples are "That Tigey?" Meaning: Is that Tiger Woods? Yes he watches the golf channel with his Dad and yes he loves it. Also "Monstey" means monster.

He still calls Rylynn "Yah Yah" even though he can actually say Rylynn (wyleen). He also calls himself "Cah Cah" even though he can say Carter but that one sounds more like "Cahtee". I hope he never learns how to speak correctly, I just love listening to that boy!

7 comments:

Garrett said...

The best is when he points to a guy like Colin Montgomerie - the pasty white Scottish golfer with blonde hair - and asks "That Tigey, Dad?"

"No, son. That's Monty. He's fat, white and has a reverse C swing. Tigey is fit, black and has a modern, stacked swing."

"Oh."

Jana said...

Ahhh, love that boy! You forgot "B-nana." :)

Draper's said...

Super cute little guy!! I love that stage.

Carissa Poyfair said...

If you hadn't told me a while back that "uh-oh" meant binky, I would have never figured it out! I need to post one of these for Jack so my family around here can understand him!

That lake looks so fun! We have the Sound here, but the beach isn't very sandy. I hope we get to visit you all soon! I'm so glad things are working out for you!

Mom Marilynn said...

I could just hear his voice in my head! I laughed and laughed! The cool thing is how fast he speaks his own language too! May it never change!

Abigayle said...

Rachel, Carter is pretty much a linguistic genius. He basically just speaks German! I hurt mine toe? I'm pretty sure that's like a direct translation.

Danielle said...

Hey Guys! This is Jordan. I never post anything on any blog so this is a miracle. It's so fun to see what's going on with your family. As we were looking at your blog Thais started talking to your family through the computer screen so I thought I would write down her message to you.

"I love you Rylynn and Carter. I know you can come back again. I miss you sooo much. I want to play with you in the barn and play with sticks with Carter and go with Garrett in the water. I love you Rylynn and Carter. I am so sad I will cry because I not see you."

We love you guys and are excited to see you in Vegas!