Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I know this is way late in coming and I have been the worst blogger lately. I just have no energy at night these days and my giant tummy gets in the way of typing so sorry about the binge blogging. I go for weeks without doing it and then I have to play catch up and do like 5 posts.

For the fourth this year we decided to stay close to home since I left on the 5th with the kids to drive to Portland, so we went back to Liberty Lake for a bbq and swimming. I was majorly craving hamburgers and we don't have a grill but luckily they have bbq's at the lake.

The kids played around on the playground while we got the bbq ready and then we feasted on hamburgers, hot dogs, spinach salad, watermelon, corn on the cob, and root beer. It was really yummy, but it didn't take long for the kids to start begging to go swimming.

It was a really hot day so the water felt great!

Carter and Rylynn are both great in the water, but Carter was getting a little overconfident for my comfort. What a shock that kid has been fearless since birth!

After swimming they found a great sand/mud pit right next to the water to play in.

They totally mooched all the sand toys from other kids, but there were so many people there that no one seemed to mind.

Garrett is great about being the designated swimming parent these days. I did not feel the desire to invest in a maternity swimsuit so I just wade in the water. Thanks honey!

After playing at the Lake for a few hours, we headed home and got cleaned up for the fireworks. We got to drive to the top of the hill above Garrett's cousin's house to watch the fireworks. It was an awesome view looking over the lake where they shoot them from a boat.

We got there a little early to make sure we got a great place so Rylynn stayed busy picking wild flowers for me.

This picture cracks me up! Yes it looks like my 2 year old is flipping me off but actually he is pumping his fist in the air yelling BOOM! He did this every time a firework would go off. He was so excited about the "Booms".

Both of the kids loved the fireworks this year.

After a while Carter got tired and said, "I'm tired of booms, I want to go night night". So Garrett wrapped him up in the blankey for the last few fireworks before we headed home.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Those pictures are adorable, but I want you to know that you STOLE my bulls blanket!

Love, Jordan

M. Drape said...

That looks like a great 4th! Your kids looked like they loved the water and mud.

Jana said...

Sounds fun! Hope you are settling in there!
You're so close to being done with being pregnant...you can do it!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I want to see preggo pictures! Anyway, your 4th looked like lots of fun. Sorry we took "your" BBQ :) but at least you got to enjoy such an awesome lake! I want to go there! Your kids are so funny. They haven't changed a bit with the swimming and flower picking. Love the green motorcycle, by the way. Adam wants a motorcycle so he'll be a little jealous!

Mom Marilynn said...

Wow you went blogger nuts! Adorable pictures! Funny that Jordan noticed the bulls blanket! I did too and thought hmmmm I didn't remember that Rachel had a bulls blanket!