Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nana and Papa come to town!

A couple of weeks ago, Nana and Papa came to town to see the new house and the office.  It was such a fun visit!  We went to Chuck-E-Cheese, Coeur d'Alene, checked out Daddy's office, visited Rylynn's preschool and even celebrated St Patrick's Day!  Every year I make Corned beef and cabbage for St Patty's Day since that was what my mom did for me growing up.  So when they arrived on St Patty's Day it was fun to make corned beef and cabbage for my mom this time.  We loved driving around and showing Nana and Papa Liberty Lake and why we love living here.  We tried to subtly hint that this is a great place to live so that Nana and Papa might want to relocate here sometime soon:)  After a fun-filled few days, we headed to Seattle to meet up with Marianne and her kids Nathan and Aria.
Papa was an excellent babysitter in the back seat:)


The kids were so excited to get to hang out with their cousins for a couple of days.  And it was a miracle because it was nice and sunny weather for us in Seattle!


The first day we took the kids to the aquarium.  This was the cool floor to ceiling fish tank at the entrance of the aquarium.


This was a huge star fish the kids found in the wave tank.


The highlight for my kids were the big touch tanks where they got to touch starfish, anemones, and sea urchins.


The anemones felt so cool.  If you kept your finger on them for a few seconds they would grab onto you.


The tanks were so colorful!




As you can tell we spent a lot of time there.


We also got to see the feeding of the seals.  They were so huge.


Carter was liking the seals, but he loved the otters the best.


Beckett slept for most of the museum but when he woke up he was loving this bubble tank!


It had different colored lights shooting through it and he was completely mezmerized.  I love his face in this picture, it's like he's saying, "can't you see I'm busy enjoying these bubbles?"

We had a slightly terrifying moment while at the aquarium when we lost Rylynn for about 7 minutes.  I panicked and we were running all over the place trying to find her.  It is really hard trying to keep track of 5 kids!  Luckily she had just wandered ahead a little ways into a different room and we found her there sitting quietly looking at the fish.  Man I hate those moments as a mother!

We did a couple of other fun things in Seattle like eating fish and chips at Ivars and walking along the pier, but the kids kept begging to go back to the hotel so they could swim in the pool so we spent a lot of time there.  What is it about kids and hotels?  Rylynn seriously said on the drive home that her favorite part of the trip was the hotel and swimming in the pool.  It makes me wonder why we spent so much money on the other stuff when the pool was free.

On the way home we got to see some of our favorite people in the world!  The Poyfairs!  We got to stop in and see Adam's office and have lunch.  Then we went to my favorite place in the world...


I've been so deprived since moving to Spokane, but I tracked down the manager and asked him when they are coming to the Spokane area and he said within the year!!  That man made my day!  We also left with a trunk full of Trader Joe bags (sigh).  Rylynn was so excited to shop at TJ's too.  That's my girl!


She was a little more excited though to be hanging out with her friend Olivia again.


Carter and Jack had their moments of scratching and hitting at lunch, but at the end of the day they loved each other:)


What a cute group of kiddos!


I just love this girl!  Seriously what could be better?  Shopping at TJ's with Carissa!  It was like old times.  Now if I could only get her to come to Spokane with TJ's!


We passed some amazing country on the drive down and back.  This partially frozen lake was so beautiful.  The picture doesn't do it justice since we are driving on the freeway as I snap the picture in the car but you get the gist.


Pit stop on the side of the road with the kids.  They were such troopers.  We had soo much fun seeing family and friends that we love!  







8 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

LOVE the picture of your dad and the kids sleeping in the back! The aquarium looks like so much fun. We haven't been there yet but you definitely persuaded me! I'm so glad you got to have so much fun on your trip. It was so much fun seeing you all. We'll be out soon (hopefully!) and you can show us how awesome Liberty Lake is :)

Jana said...

What is Trader Joe's? (Can we still be friends? :) I HATE that feeling of losing your child. Your mind wanders and thinks the absolute worst!
Looks like you had so much fun!

Danielle said...

Tell Garrett his comment on my blog was hilarious! It was fun to see you guys!

Mom Marilynn said...

Awwwwwww Great Memories! The Dad in the back one really is priceless!

Carrie Anne said...

oh how fun!!! i miss trader joe's so terribly, too. utah will probably never get one. i stock up when i visit my mom, too.:) i love that you & the poyfairs were so tight & continue to be such great friends...that is awesome! what a beautiful place you live!!!

Sarah said...

I absolutely loved sitting and visiting with you last weekend. I don't know that we've ever done that before! We should definitely do it again! Oh and did you know the Monday of the reunion is labor day? School won't start until Tuesday :)

ssh said...

can nana and papa come to town to see me? i love your parents! ok, so your comment on my blog made me laughed out loud! yes, the boots would have fit you and i'm pretty sure brad would have given them to you at that point, as he was so sick of cleaning up my mess! the kiddies are getting so big! too cute!

Kristin said...

How fun that you and the Poyfairs got to see each other! And I swear I say this everytime, but I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I remember when you guys moved to Cleveland and Rylynn wasn't even two yet, it's crazy how fast time flies! Love all the fun pics, especially of your dad in the back of the car...too funny!