Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tea for Two!

Rylynn's preschool put on a mother's day tea party for the kids and their moms last friday.  It was so much fun.  I loved spending time with just Rylynn and seeing her with all her friends.  I can't believe how grown up she is.  
The tea party was at a hotel and we had a yummy luncheon and cake.  We brought fancy tea cups to drink our drinks in.  Rylynn was so careful with her tea cup full of fruit punch:)


They sang us some really cute mother's day songs.


Rylynn made me these beautiful presents.  My favorite part of the tea party was when Rylynn's teacher read off descriptions of each of the mother's through their child's perspective.  It was so funny.  Each child was asked certain questions about their mom and the best one was "how old is your mom?"  Some of the kids said 82, 87, 13.  Rylynn said I was 37.  Only off by ten years, not too bad!  Another one of her answers I loved was to the question "when does your mom look prettiest?"  She said when she goes for a dance with my Dad.  So cute, eventhough we never go dancing:)  I think she meant when we go out on dates.  I had to laugh because she said my favorite color was black and my favorite food is chinese salad?  I'm not sure where she came up with those, but I do like both of them.  


Then on Mother's Day morning, the kids and Garrett made me a very special breakfast and Rylynn made this cute card.  It says "Dear Mom, I love you always.  Happy mother's day!"  It was very cute.  Carter is the worst at surprises because he just can't wait to tell the person, so while Rylynn was setting the table and Garrett was finishing up the cooking Carter snuck up to my room and said, "Mama we're making you a special breakfast!  And you get presents!"  I was totally laughing because Rylynn, of course, came running up the stairs yelling at him not to say anything.  I just love my babies!  


And for the BIG Mother's Day present we bought a trampoline!  We have been wanting to get one for awhile so we finally did it on Saturday.  It was on sale, and we figured what better Mother's Day present could you ask for than something to keep your kids happy and entertained?  The whole neighborhood came to see the final moments of setting it up.  The kids have been in heaven!


7 comments:

Jana said...

So sweet! I love that our kids are old enough now to actually make or write something for Mother's day. It is too precious.

Carissa Poyfair said...

SO JEALOUS of your trampoline! Maybe one day when I grow up and buy a house... What a fun preschool Rylynn is in too! That was super nice to have a tea party in a hotel instead of the little chairs in the classroom!

Mom Marilynn said...

Love the picture of my baby girl with her baby girl! That's a treasure to keep forever! I love her card to you too!

Carrie Anne said...

oh that's awesome! what a fabulous mother's day gift!!! fun!
i love the tea party & the breakfast...isn't mother's day so awesome? i just love it!

Marilyn said...

Oooo how fun! That is great that it has the surround netting to keep them safe. It looks like you have a nice big yard which I am sure is nice too!!!

Happy Home said...

You are so beautiful!!

I would LOVE to hear what my kids would say about me!

You are a smart mommy by getting your kids a gift that will make your life easier:)

ssh said...

loving the art work! i think that net around the tramp is a good idea :)