The girls destroyed the toy room and tried on every single dress up within minutes of reuniting. And the boys played and fought over toys just like old times:) Carter is not so great at sharing his cars. Maybe preschool this year will help with the sharing problems...we hope. The parents just hung out and chatted and then we got a babysitter and went to Eclipse together. It was humorous trying to catch Adam up on the Twilight saga, but I think he actually liked it.
The next day we went to Coeur d'Alene to swim and play at the beach. We have never been to the beach there before so we were really excited to have an excuse to go.
Beckett mostly liked being held. He was not a fan of the water which is unusual for him, but it was pretty cold.
As you can tell in this picture since carter is shivering to death:)
Rylynn always seems to create a mud hole when we go anywhere with sand and water.
Beckett ate his fair share of sand and rocks, but oh well.
Carter opted to eat doughnuts instead. What a smart child! These doughnuts are UNBELIEVABLE! We discovered them when we lived in our apartment because we lived right behind the doughnut shop and it always smelled like doughnuts. I was pregnant so that was a great combination! I thought I would be okay though since I am never or rarely tempted by doughnuts, but these are not your typical doughnuts. After one try I was hooked. Now every time we have visitors come to town we have to buy them some to try. We've never had a single disappointed guest.
The little sunbather
This is the sunhat that I bought for Beckett after I burned his little head earlier this summer. I felt so bad so I decided I would bring a hat whenever we go out in the sun. Well that doesn't really help if your child refuses to wear the sun protectant hat! I can't believe we got a picture with it on his head! It never stays on for more than a few seconds.
Nothing like burying yourself in nasty rocky sand!
These two cuties had so much fun together. Rylynn cried and cried after Olivia left. She kept asking why she couldn't live right by us so they could play together everyday.
I was asking myself the same question! Carissa and I have so much fun together. Oh well, I shouldn't complain, at least we live in the same state!
This picture makes me laugh. This is so Adam, I just had to post it! Sorry Adam. These guys have so much fun together being huge dorks. We love you Poyfairs!! Come again.
After the Poyfairs loaded up the car and set off for home, we went downtown to meet up with Stacey and her family for a picnic in the park. This park is beautiful and has tons of different gardens surrounding it. It was kind of late, so we only had time to make it to the rose gardens. We will definitely go back to see the other ones.
Rylynn was in heaven surrounded by all the beautiful roses
Beckett was just cute as usual
Carter was too busy running around like a maniac to really care about the flowers and of course notice he has a car in his hand:) He can't go anywhere without his cars.
I did manage to get him to pose for one picture in front of the flowers and of course he had his eyes closed. At least he's giving me his patented Carter grin.
They had every color of roses throughout the gardens. I especially loved these yellow ones.
I think these were my favorite though. I love multicolored roses! This one looks like a sunset to me.
This little guy loved crawling all over the huge lawns. He was really good about not picking all the flowers. I was a little surprised.
Of course we needed a picture with the red ones!
Rylynn gathered a little pile of flower petals to bring home. Of course they had already fallen off the roses and were on the ground. They smelled so good! What an awesome weekend!
5 comments:
Dorks? Try AWESOME! We just needed Kolby and Ben to join us and it would have been the completeness of awesome. Perhaps that day will come...
Cute picture, Rach! So I have to say, wow, I loved our gno the other night, it was so fun to catch up. "Wait, wasn't her name Rebecca!!!" LOL!!! Oh, I miss you! Let me know next time you are in town, and we'll have to get together again. And hello, get movin on your words with friends game!!!
So much fun!!! I didn't even know you had a beach out there! Cool! How fun to get to hang out with the Poyfairs again. We had dinner with them and the Yonkers last week. It was so nice to see them again. We definitely need to do a Shaker reunion!
I have a hard time believing you didn't have a better picture of me. I look like someone was goosing me. I also agree with Garrett's assessment
We had so much fun! Thanks for having us over! As soon as we are living somewhere larger than a shoe box you'll have to come visit us :)
Post a Comment