Here she is all ready for school. It was time to go play on the playground for a few minutes before the bell rang.
Playing on the jungle gym with some friends and of course Carter! She was having a lot of fun, but she kept looking around to make sure I hadn't left.
After the bell ran she had to line up outside her classroom and wait for the teacher to let them in.
Rylynn was so happy she gets to sit at the table with her buddy and neighbor Seth and a friend from our last ward Sophia. Look how grown up they all look! We gave a few more hugs and after I made sure she was happy and comfortable, she let me go. I wore my sunglasses and fought back the tears the whole time because if Rylynn ever sees me crying she starts bawling hysterically.
I told her she was going to ride the bus home and that I would be there to pick her up. She was excited but a little nervous. Then when they turned the corner and we were all waiting there we could see her smiling ear to ear in the back of the bus with two new friends in her seat. She loved the first day of school and she loved the bus!! Now every morning she can't wait till it's time to get on the bus. She is such a worrier like me, but when it finally comes down to doing something she always loves it. I still can't believe she is in Kindergarten. Poor Carter has been so sad that his preschool hasn't started yet and that he isn't allowed to ride the bus. Preschool starts tomorrow though and he can hardly wait!
7 comments:
Sunglasses. That's a great tip, I will be shedding a few tears myself when this day comes, and I can't let Thais see either.
Way to go Rylynn! I love your first day of school outfit and we are so proud of you. Yay for school!
That's so funny that she missed you so much. Olivia couldn't have cared less :) I love her little outfit. It's adorable! These kids of ours need to stop growing!
Love the first day of school. She looks darling. It is so great to see them growing and learning new things.
laughed out loud on the sunglass trick! can't believe you have a child in school!
What a big girl! So...you decided to let her ride the bus both ways???
the beginning of days of happiness all mixed together with sadness! There are lots of those in the future but it is all worth it! She is so adorable!
I love the outfit! What a doll! What a relief that she had a great first day! I hope Mommy is doing okay too! :)
Post a Comment