Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Settling in

Pictures are hung on the wall and we can park our car in the garage.  We are officially getting settled!  Don't worry that the third car garage is stuffed full of junk that still needs to be sorted through.  We'll see if Garrett's car makes it into the garage before the snow hits:)


This picture was taken in our apartment but I just thought it was cute and a good representation of the joy the kids are feelilng about being out of the apartment and in a house again!!  We are finally getting settled and the kids are beyond thrilled to have their own rooms and a big basement with all their toys.  Beckett is especially happy to have the trampoline set up in the backyard as well.  We are loving this house so far and there are great kids on the cul-de-sac just across the street to play with.  Carter has one of the boys in his pre-k class just across the street which he loves.  I was worried we wouldn't find a neighborhood we liked as much as our last one but this is a great street to live on!  We all feel very happy to be in a house again.


Rylynn is very much into having her own room again.  This little treasure was put up on her door on day 2 in the house!  She is so funny because she loves being social at school and having friend time but she also loves to come home and go to her room and just unwind before playing with her brothers or friends.  She is loving reading and I often find her on her bed just reading to herself.  She was very happy to get all of her books out of the storage unit.  Poor Carter is so ready to play with her by the time she gets home from school but she needs her alone time(as stated in the sign:).  


And then there is this little trouble maker.  I swear this kid is determined to be my trend breaker.  Just when I think I've sort of got this parenting thing figured out, he throws me another curve ball and gives up naps at 2 years and 1 month old!!  Seriously??!!  Rylynn gave them up just before she turned three and Carter went strong for 3 and 1/2 years.  At first I just thought he was retaliating for me being gone on my trip, but shortly thereafter I realized he was serious and not going back.  I am a bit torn about the whole thing really because the reason why he just won't take naps is because Carter comes home from preschool at noon and then he of course wants to play with his brother.  I do love that they are really becoming great buddies and playing so much together.  The other day when Carter didn't have school I kept telling Carter it was time for Beckett's nap and he kepts saying, "but Mom I want to keep playing with him!  Can he stay up a little longer please?!"  It was so cute so I just let them play.  The other thing is that Beckett isn't like my other kids were when they missed a nap.  He doesn't get all grouchy and whiney at 4:30 or 5:00 and he also doesn't get exhausted and fall asleep on the couch at 6pm.  He just totally thinks he's a big kid and stays up till bed time and then goes down great.  I seriously adore this kid but he continues to try my patience each and every day!  So I guess we are done with naps for now.  Let's just hope I don't get pregnant anytime soon cause I seriously live for naps when I'm pregnant. 

4 comments:

Jana said...

OH MY GOSH That sign is so adorable!! Good job taking a picture of it :)
Maybe it is just a phase...that seems early not to need a nap. Annie won't nap but she is a beast about 4 PM on. So that's awesome he's not cranky!
So glad you're getting settled.

Carissa Poyfair said...

Whoa, I read that last sentence wrong for a moment and about yelled "WHAT?!" but then I reread it and nevermind. I'm glad you are all settling in! It must be nice to be in a house with room and stuff. Rylynn's sign is so cute! Madelynn is almost out of naps too. She takes one maybe three days a week still but mostly because I need that break. I'm glad Beckett is still good for you! He is such an easy kid!

jessica said...

Of course you were going to love this neighborhood just as much...DUH! Don't be surprised if you see Camden on your door step wanting to jump on your trampoline!

Ben and Molly said...

Rachel I need PICTURES of your new place!! More information, please! I live for HDTV and other people's house pics.