I have to catch up yet again on my blog so here some highlights of the ward campout from the beginning of September. Garrett was gone to Texas to celebrate his birthday at the BYU game so at first I was planning on skipping it, but then my friend Erin had the best idea!
I was worried about setting up the giant tent and dealing with all the camp equipment by myself, but the truth is, I was dying for some dutch oven, so Erin said let's just do dinner and the bonfire and then come home.
And this made it all worth it!! MMMM! Erin taught me this fabulous recipe when we went camping together last summer and I have made it everytime we have gone camping since because it is one of those things you just crave if you don't have it for a couple months. In fact I really want it right now!
The kids were really excited we went and had lots of fun playing in the lake and roasting s'mores at the campfire. They love the dutch oven cookin' too.
My little sleepy head. Carter is always the first to zonk and the bonfire didn't end till about 10pm so he was done well before then. I love how Beckett is touching his face. So sweet!
And then there is my little night owl who would stay up till midnight every night if I let her, but I don't! She had a great time with her buddies Izzy, and Livvy.
1 comment:
Thank you for not writing about how I ate your yummy dutch oven food sans utensils and how I licked my plate clean and then asked for more. We need to plan a dutch oven night! But I will bring forks this time.
Post a Comment