Monday, November 7, 2011

October in Review

I seriously can't believe it is already the second week of November!!  October went so fast and now I am left with tons of pictures and events to get caught up on.  So here it goes!

I LOVE Fall leaves and October is the best month to see all the beautiful colors.  I still miss Ohio every fall because as beautiful as it is here in WA there just aren't that many non-evergreen trees around which makes for a very green fall.  There are some here and there and I couldn't resist taking this picture in front of the church with the beautiful red leaves.

Beckett and Rylynn were big helpers to rake up the leaves in our yard!  This is Beckett's patented smile these days for the camera.  Do you love the eyes?

The play broom wasnt really cutting it but I'm not going to complain when my kids are volunteering to help!

This little man is more opinionated than ever these days!  He will not let us help him do ANYTHING.  I am definitely having flashbacks to Rylynn as a two year old.  He insists on pouring his own cereal and milk, but I don't let him hold the milk.  I had hopes of holding this one back in school since he has an August birthday, but I can already tell he is going to have none of that!

Again with the horrible camera face!  These two boys are having more and more fun together in the afternoons and one of their favorite activities is bathtime!  It seems like we average about 3 baths a day for Beckett these days.

Garrett went on a weekend hunting trip with his Dad in UT so I took the kids and drove to Portland to celebrate my nephew Nathan's birthday.  His party was at Sky High and the kids had so much fun!  It was a really fun weekend except for when I lost my wedding ring.  Don't worry, my sister found it the night after I left Thank Heavens!!

This little man was loving the trampolines with the balls.  He got so sweaty!

They also loved the foam pits.  Carter was pulling some serious flips, but I only got it on video.

When we got back the Halloween festivities officially began.  It started off with the ward Halloween party which was awesome this year.  Rylynn was our little witch, Beckett was a monkey, and Carter was a race car driver.  I have used this monkey costume for all of my kids when they are two but Beckett has by far loved it the most!  He seriously wore it about 50 times in the last two weeks of October.  He even kept the little hand mittens on which Carter hated as a 2 year old.

Rylynn was trying so hard on the donut on a string contest:)
The boys were loving the dessert walk!  They also had trick or treating in the classrooms, a bouncy castle, and fish pond.  The kids loved it and got tons of candy.

Carter got to perform in his first Pre-K class play "Miss Wishy-Washy".  He was so excited.  He was a cow and did a great job!

I was able to help out with Carter's class Halloween party this year and it was a lot of fun.  He got to have some yummy treats and then they played a bunch of games.  I was in charge of the Go fish game and it definitely kept me busy.  It was funny because his teacher explained all the games to the kids and then said go and the whole class except for two kids came running over to my station.  Fishing was quite the popular game!  

After the games were all done they played musical chairs.  Blurry phone pic.  Sorry.  It was a fun party.

We have had a beautiful fall so far with a lot of sunny cool days so the kids have loved having their trampoline again.  See, Beckett wore his costume every chance he could get!

We finally carved pumpkins the night before Halloween.  The kids designed the faces themselves and did a great job.  Plus we got lots of yummy toasted pumpkin seeds.

Our spooky jack-o-lanterns!

On Halloween we had some friends over for our traditional dinner-in-a-pumpkin, rolls, salad and the famous triple chocolate mousse cake!  Seriously that cake is dangerous.


Here's the trick or treating crew.  We picked up some more friends throughout the night too.  Overall it was a great night of trick or treating except the babies got cold and had to come back early.  I have to say it kind of stinks to have Halloween on a school night.  Everybody was quitting at like 7:30, plus we were so exhausted the next day for school.  Oh well.  Some punk kids stole my cute Halloween candy bowl from off our porch but luckily I bought a replacement the next day on clearance for $1.99.  Gotta love after holiday clearance sales!

And finally, to burn off the candy craziness, Garrett has done "flippies on the bed" with the kids a lot lately.  Carter and Rylynn love this game and they totally get a work out.  Garrett throws them up in the air and they do all sorts of crazy moves.  I love Rylynn's face in this pic!  Hilarious.

Beckett is a little gun shy of anything involving flying/throwing/falling due to recent events:)  So he gets a way toned down version of flippies but he still has fun.

Carter is by far the craziest and pulls out all kinds of crazy moves.  This is his self-named "Thundermove"!  I swear I hope this kid doesn't turn out to be a cage fighter:)  Now on to November!

4 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Cute update Rach! Your kids are adorable! So, I had lunch with Heidi Heids yesterday and we watched the London video, wow I was so fat! ;) Such funny funny memories, made us miss you! Love ya girl!

Mom Marilynn said...

sooo cute! Love the Halloween costumes and the flying children shots are awesome.

Marilyn said...

Those jumping pictures are awesome!!! Way to catch them in action!

Draper's said...

What a great october!! Your kiddos are getting so big. Love the cute costumes.