So our lives were completely up in the air all summer long but August was especially insane. Garrett lost his job in August, we knew we had to move out of our rental house by september, and we had a baby coming at the beginning of september so we were just a little bit stressed. So Garrett was looking for jobs, I was semi-packing constantly and on top of that we had a birthday, surgery, and a cruise to keep us busy.
Carter had to have surgery to correct his totally messed up circumcision poor kid. But it went really well and the surgeon was amazing. He was really brave! The morning after the surgery when I was removing the bandage and Carter was in quite a bit of pain I was wondering if it was even worth it. But then when I got it all off (very carefully!) he was so excited and said, "Now I look like Beckett and Daddy!" It made it all worth it. He was so happy it was fixed and the recovery went really well and quickly. As a side note, look at those eye lashes!! Seriously that kid is so lucky!
While packing out in the garage and separating all our junk, the kids would always stay busy and find something outside to do. A common activity was a picnic. They love this picnic basket and I love that my kids can just play together and entertain themselves so well. I give most of the credit to my imaginative little activity coordinator, Rylynn.
Amid the chaos, Beckett turned 3! He is such a fun little boy with an over abundance of personality. He always keeps us laughing and keeps the volume very high at our house. Seriously this boy has been a screamer from the start and as the third child he uses that weapon every chance he can get. Unfortunately, we are all a little immune to it now since he screams about everything. It has to be a scream combined with crying to really get our attention anymore:)
Beckett was very spoiled with money and cards from his grandparents and aunts and uncles.
He was very excited to buy his own set of golf clubs with his birthday money.
I seriously can't imagine our family without our little Beckett. It is extra special to celebrate his birthday in August because that was also the month that he fell out of the window last year. It just reminds us even more how blessed we are to have him in our lives and to know that his life was spared miraculously. Beckett has become quite the movie quoter in our family. He especially loves quoting Dispicable Me . He is also our little singer. He sings all around the house all day long. He loves singing primary songs and the songs from his favorite shows and of course, the ABC's. He is incredibly verbal and talks all the time. Some of our favorite little Beckettisms are "I want them to come to we home", "I want sissy for ever!" and "I am not a baby, I am Beckett!' He lovingly teases people by yelling, "you're a neatball!" This translates to you're a meatball which is also a movie quote from Curious George. Every time he gets in trouble he bursts into tears and runs and hugs us and says,"I'm so sorry Mommy it was an accident!"
This is proof that Beckett wants a band-aid for every single owie he gets whether it involves blood or not. He got bonked on the nose in this one and he looked hilarious so we had to capture it on film:)
He is also very affectionate and he loves to give hugs and tell us that he loves us. He often says things like, "you're the best mommy or I love you so much Daddy." Seriously the kid melts our hearts. One thing I just love about Beckett is to see how social he is. He has so many adult friends that just adore him in our ward. His nursery teachers are all his buddies and he gets so excited when he sees any of them. I swear he would have play dates with Brother Demars if he could:)



1 comment:
I won't even show Aric this post because he dreams about your yummy cake and mentions it like every other week! Wish we could have celebrated B's birthday with you...miss that boy!
Post a Comment