We coordinated my parent's farewell with Dallas' baby blessing so we could have lots of people we love there for both special events. All my siblings and their kids were able to come except for Ben and Molly since they were moving into their new house that weekend.
These three cousins are best buddies and had such a great time playing together for the weekend. The first day we took all the kids to a jumping place to celebrate Nathan's 12th birthday. The kids had a great time and it was nice to see the kids get all their crazy energy out without having to worry about someone breaking something!
After we wore them out, we came home and had cake and homemade ice cream. I can't believe Nathan is 12! I still remember changing his diapers when he was one. It scares me to see how fast it went because I can see how fast it is going with my own kids.
On Saturday we had a mock Thanksgiving dinner since my parents are going to miss 2 Thanksgivings and Christmases while they are on their mission. Everything was amazing as usual and I am kind of thrilled that I get two Thanksgiving dinners this year:)
Look at all these cute grandkids! We were just missing Reagan. Sunday was my parent's farewell. They did such a great job on their talks and my sisters and I sang a song we had sung at Jordan's farewell a long time ago called The Olive Tree. It was a beautiful meeting.
After church we came home and had the baby blessing. Dallas was a good boy and slept through the whole thing. It was kind of funny though because Dallas was asleep in his church outfit and I just couldn't bring myself to wake him up just to change him into his blessing outfit, so he just got blessed in church clothes. I guess you can tell this is my fourth child:)
It was a beautiful blessing that talked a lot about the two amazing men that Dallas is named after. My Grandma was able to be there too which was really neat since he is named after her husband Dal. I am so thankful for the priesthood in my life and for the blessing of being surrounded by wonderful men who hold that power righteously.
Here are the three singers. I of course got all emotional at the end of the song and barely finished. I was very happy to have my sisters to pick up the slack for me. I am such a cry baby these days! Every time I get together with my siblings I get sad that we don't all live by each other. However, I am a lot closer to two of them for now and it is so fun to get together more often.
We are going to miss Nana and Papa soooooo much!
No comments:
Post a Comment