A few months ago my Mom told me about an idea that she had heard from a friend and I loved it!! It was to take my wedding dress and turn it into a baptism dress for Rylynn. I immediately thought of my amazingly talented friend Jessica who used to make wedding dresses. Luckily she moved to Layton so she was able to turn my dress into the most amazing dress for Rylynn in time to surprise her for her birthday.
I picked up a bookmark with the poem "My Three White Dresses" and had her read it. Then Garrett came out with the dress behind her. She was so excited!! Then I explained to her that it was my wedding dress turned into a baptism dress for her and she was totally amazed. It was so much fun for me to see a miniature version of my dress on my daughter.
She tried it on and said she felt like a princess. Then I had to send it back up to Layton for the finishing touches.
Then Jessica came down for the baptism and we had so much fun taking pictures of Rylynn in her dress.
This was one of the ones we had on display at the baptism. It is my favorite! It was Rylynn's idea to take some pictures of her twirling. They turned out so beautifully!
I love how well you can see the detail on the front in this one.
This was another one on display. I love it!
I had to include this one with Samantha:) Eden and Maya brought a white dress and shoes for Samantha so she could match Rylynn on her baptism day. She even got to attend the baptism!
This one was on the table as you first walked into the baptism room. I love Rylynn's expression in this one because it is so her.
This was the last one on display. She was a really good sport about all the picture taking but she is not a fan of modeling! I am not so sad that my daughter has no interest in a modeling career:) I love the flowers in this one!
Here is Jessica working her magic. She is amazing. My sister in law Danielle has always wanted to do this for her daughter too so she brought her dress down to the baptism so Jessica could look at it. Thais is getting baptized next year and she can't wait to see what Jess comes up with for her dress.
Rylynn on her baptism day with the dressmaker! We loved having the Albrechts here for the special weekend and the dress was so special for Rylynn and me. It was such a fun way to pass on a dress full of so much meaning to my daughter on such a meaningful day in her life.
4 comments:
Cool cool cool. That is such a neat tradition and Jessica's the best for doing stuff like this for friends.
Wow, that is such a cool thing Rach! I can't belive your oldest is 8!
I am so glad it turned out the way you hoped and yes Jessica R I am so Cool cool cool and don't you ever forget it!
How beautiful! The photography was gorgeous too. I love ALL the pictures. When she gets married, you will have to find one beautiful, ornate frame in which you can have Rylynn's picture in all three spiritually significant dresses to be preserved for generations! They go fast, generations, I mean. I can testify to that now!
Post a Comment