Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's Great to be Eight

For the past year Rylynn has been asking to have a pottery painting birthday party.  I didn't even know if they had a place like that in Saint George but I promised her I would try to make it happen.  Luckily they did have a place and it turned out to be such a fun birthday party!

 Each of the kids got to pick one larger figurine to paint or a few little ones.  They all did a great job painting!

Rylynn is my vanilla girl.  She is not so into chocolate so originally I was just going to make a vanilla cake but then I saw this oreo cookies and cream cake in Food Network Magazine and I had to make it for her.  I added the paint brush and pallet to go along with her art theme.  My tips are all in storage still so the writing turned out pretty terrible but she didn't seem to mind.  It had white chocolate buttercream frosting and crushed oreos in the middle too.  It was pretty delicious.

 Rylynn has made so many great friends here and they all knew exactly what Rylynn loves: Art projects!  She got tons of art stuff and has loved having fun projects to do all month long.

 Dallas is such a huge hit with little girls:)  They all had to take turns holding him during the party.
 We decided to play truth or dare while we were waiting for the parents to come pick up.  All the dares seemed to include drawing mustaches on faces.  These girls are so goofy.  
On Sunday we had a family party with Rylynn's favorite dinner.  She chose crispy lemon butter tilapia, mashed potatoes, peas, corn, rolls, and jello salad made by Great Grandma.  Then we had a chocolate pudding cake with raspberries and blackberries for dessert.  We had a great time celebrating with my cousin Sarah and her family and my Grandma.  This was such a huge birthday for Rylynn.  She had been counting down the days since she turned 7.  I still can't believe she is already 8.  She is such a great example to her little brothers.  She adores holding Dallas and is a big helper to me.  Her favorite colors right now are aquamarine blue, purple, and green.  She loves to read but doesn't love math so much.  She has been singing in a primary choir and is getting so good at piano.  Most importantly, she has such a strong testimony and takes every opportunity to be a missionary like her Nana and Papa.

No comments: