At the very end of March, actually over Easter weekend, Garrett and I (and the munchkin of course) got to sneak away to Vegas for an early 30th birthday celebration. My amazing sister in law Danielle came down with her 3 kiddos and watched all six of the kids so we could escape. Jordan stopped in for Easter but he had to be back in Provo for school the next day. She was awesome! Before we left we had a small Easter celebration with them so we wouldn't miss out on all the fun.
We did an Easter object lesson with symbols in eggs and then let the kids do the candy hunt.
It was fun to have cousins to hunt with.
Happy kiddos with their loot!
Skyler and Beck both got cool new sunglasses in their easter baskets. After the morning festivities, we hit the road!
Anyway, it was so nice to just walk around and shop with only one baby in tow. It cracked us up how every person would stop us and tell us how cute Dallas was and ask if he was our first and then to see their eyes grow huge when we told them we left the other three at home! Somehow they look at you like your crazy after that:) Oh well. Drew and Terry hooked us up with some amazing tickets to Shania at Caesar's Palace. It was so much fun!
The pics are blurry because they are phone pics taken by a stranger. Anyway, we had great seats and Dallas was amazing. He especially loved the horse that came on stage a few different times.
I have always liked Shania and she was really amazing. After the concert when we were driving back to the condo I read a little bit about why she fell off the face of the earth for a few years and it made me have so much respect for her! She has been through a lot and she is just a classy lady.
Of course the main events on our trip had to revolve around food so after attending a nearby ward for Easter Sunday, we hit up the Bellagio Easter buffet. It was ridiculously good as usual. They had some extra fancy things for Easter brunch like banana hazelnut french toast. It was awesome.
So to walk off the million calories we consumed we walked around the gardens in the Bellagio. They always do such a beautiful job in there. It is definitely my favorite of the casinos.
Beautiful
Then it was off to view the fountains
And of course we had to show Dallas the glass flower ceiling. Every time I see this I think of the amazing glass blowing factory in Murano Italy that I got to go to on my senior trip with my parents. They are beautiful.
We didn't take a whole lot of other pics on our trip but some of the highlights were shopping at H&M(for me at least, this wasn't so exciting for Garrett), eating at John Mull's bbq and roadkill grill(if you ever go to Vegas, you have to take the time to try this place. It was on Diners, drive-ins, and Dives and it did not disappoint!! It was Garrett's favorite thing of the whole trip), walking the strip, stocking up at Trader Joe's, and just being together and taking naps whenever we wanted to. I know, we are super boring but we have four kids and they make us tired. We were very excited to go home to them though!!
1 comment:
Okay, you have inspired me...I will get back on my blog. I have been neglecting it these days too but it is so fun to see your pics read the updates. I need to get on it too! Vegas looks so fun, we will have to get down there together one of these days :)
Post a Comment