Friday, June 14, 2013

We all get old eventually...

It really happened.  I turned 30.  I never really believed the day would actually come, but unfortunately, it did.  Garrett and I had already celebrated in Vegas, but for the actual day, we drove up to Provo to spend the weekend with Jordan and Danielle.  Jordan's graduation was on the big day so I almost forgot about getting old. Almost.
For the big birthday breakfast/graduation feast, I requested the amazing crepes that Garrett had made for conference.  Danielle also made yummy scrambled eggs Monson style which means with lots of veggies, fruit and donuts.  The donuts were a big hit with the kids.  It was all really yummy!

Then I got to go with Rylynn to Jordan's MBA graduation ceremony.  I teased him that Rylynn and I came to his undergraduate graduation from U of A too so I am therefore his most supportive sibling:)  

It was so fun to be back on BYU campus.  They do such a beautiful job on their flowers.  The girls could not resist the temptation to stop and smell the tulips.  

This is a squinty pic but I had to include it because these cute cousins had so much fun together.  We are so sad they moved away to Michigan:(

On the way home from the graduation MY Jeep pulled out right in front of us!!  It was a perfect birthday present trip down memory lane.  It still had the Naperville Jeep sticker and the U-Haul hitch that Garrett and I installed for our first move.  I got this car when I was 16 and then just before we had Rylynn, Garrett and I traded it in for a more practical four door car.  We had seen it on campus right before Garrett graduated with a faculty sticker and were so excited that we had found it, but that was over 6 years ago, so to see it again was crazy.  
That night we got a babysitter for all the munchkins and went out to celebrate all the fun accomplishments at Tucanos.  I got my free birthday dinner and it was so good.  I am not a huge meat eater, in fact I probably eat red meat 5 times a year total but I make an exception for Tucanos.  It was really fun to celebrate with Jordan and Danielle, Abby and Matt, and some of Danielle's siblings.  I have to say on a serious note that as I reflected on the 30 years I have been alive, I was so amazed at how blessed I have been.  I have a lot to show for those 30 years.  I have 4 amazing children and a husband I love more and more each day.  A lot of people thought I was insane for getting married at 19 but I would make that same choice now in a heartbeat.  I have such an amazing family and great friends in my life and most importantly, I have the gospel of Jesus Christ that keeps me centered and focused on what is most important to me and what I am here on this earth to do.  So with all those blessings, I am dedicated to making every day count for the next 30 years!  

1 comment:

jessica said...

Seeing your jeep after all these years is so insane! Only in Provo, Utah. Thirties are awesome by the way...way better than the 20's if you ask me :)