After we left the cabin we stopped in SLC for a few days to see Garrett's Dad and step-mom. They decided to take the kids to the zoo which was lots of fun. The coolest part about it was that the zoo had all these lego exhibits going on which was so exciting for the kids.
This was the giant lego area right at the front of the zoo.
Then it was off to see the monkeys. Dallas was so amazed by all the animals.
It was so fun to see how excited Dallas and Beckett got at being there since we haven't lived by a zoo since Beckett was born. I feel like they have been so gipped compared to Rylynn and Carter. In Ohio we had a season pass to the Cleveland zoo and we took them all the time.
They had a cool little show with the elephants and they had a new baby with her mom. She was so cute!
I have to admit that as a woman, I felt for that mom. I had a hard enough time getting my little 9 pounder out! I can't even imagine how much baby elephants weigh at birth.
This was one of the cool lego animal exhibits they had around the zoo. Each one listed how many lego pieces were used. This one was a couple thousand I think. All the models were 3D. The Polar bear one was amazing!
Checking out the rhinos
The polar bear exhibit was new and really cool. Becket had front row seats to see him swimming!
Beck got so excited when he came right up to the glass.
The boys, especially Carter, were in heaven in the snake house! Carter was counting how many different species of snake he had seen.
Can you tell this boy likes snakes?
Grandpa opted to stay outside with the stroller. He is not a big fan of snakes!
I loved seeing Beckett get so excited to see the animals. This little fox was really cute.
Erika was a big help with all the kids. They have so much fun with her.
This lego frog was at the very end. We were all really tired and hot but I thought the frog was really cool so I made the boys take a picture for me.
We drove home on Sunday after church and finally got to stop and visit Cove Fort. We always say we are going to on our trips back and forth between SLC and St George but we never have time. It was a really cool tour and a great Sunday activity.
We got back just in time for school to start. We had two days to get everyone ready for the first day. I am still adjusting to having school start in the middle of August but it was a fun summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment