Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Oh Edward!
So I have not posted for awhile because I have been sucked into the world of Bella and Edward! If you don't know who these people are, you HAVE to find out! I am referring to the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I have to admit, when I heard about these books I wasn't so eager to read a vampire love story, but let me tell you it is way better than I expected! I read the second and the third book in one day each and I can't get enough! I'm pretty sure my husband wants to burn these books though since they are taking up all my free time. We were running out the door for our date night last week and I had been reading and he asked, "will Edward be joining us on our date!" I didn't bring it, but I was tempted. So those of you out there who haven't read it, I encourage you to jump on the band wagon! I know all you ladies love it as much as I do, so please share your feelings:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
HaHaHa! This post made me LOL! I think all our husbands immediately roll their eyes whenever they hear the name, "Edward" now! When I told Bryan this morning that the Twilight movie will be coming out in December, he said, (with a VERY heavy dose of sarcasm), "Oh goody!"
Yes, we all love Edward! I was SO in love with Jacob during the second book, but Edward won out in the end! Sigh!
I talk about Edward and Bella like they are real people sometimes. I wonder if Adam thinks I'm weird. We should all see the movie together, since I am sure our husbands do not want to come with us while we drool over Edward.
I thought the books were ridiculous--ridiculously ADDICTIVE! I could not put the dumb books down. And, yeah, I totally fancy Edward. Don't tell my husband.
I'm going to add you to my blogroll, is that OK with you?
Shannon, that is totally okay with me. I tried to keep my love for Edward a secret, but it didn't last too long:) Hope you are doing well. How is your little boy?
I'm reading them again while Damon is gone. I read all 3 of them in 4 days the first time and totally neglected my family so it's good that I'm doing it again while Damon's gone and I can read as late as I want (If only Hannah would sleep in!) I keep trying to think of ways I can get Damon to be more romantice like Edward...maybe when he's been alive for a century he'll have it down too! :)
Those books are great! I haven't found any books as good since I read them a few months ago. By the way, where is the children's learning center? You need to tell me about it so I can check it out.
Amanda
Okay, you need to talk to Summer Gunn, because it's her who got me to finally read them, too! I know, you get lost so quickly and have to read them so quickly to find out what happens! Do you feel like you are in semi depression waiting for the next one? You go through withdrawals, huh? When I tried to explain the book to James, I realized how lame I sounded (to him at least) as he tried to seriously understand me, but you can imagine his responses, very similar to Garrett's!:) James will randomly find a page in the book I'm reading and try to read it with seductiveness to mock me...it's so funny! Can't wait for the next book!
Hey Rach - I totally feel the same way - I was not anxious to read about vampires, but I have read them all and really enjoyed them. In fact, I can't wait for the next one to come out in August!
Yes you will want to do a VBAC if you can! It's SO MUCH BETTER, as you know, but I understand keeping the baby safe, too. I found this practice that has 5 midwives and the doctors totally support them, so I'm pumped about that. But think about and research the next time you get pregnant, because I had NO IDEA that having a VBAC was such an issue here! Seriously not every doctor or hospital will do VBACs! I had to switch insurance around just so I can deliver at a specific hospital! Doctors don't want to take on the risks and that one dr told me that his defense just isn't strong enough if he's sued and C-sections are so much safer (after an initial one). But this doctor and the midwives were super supportive and the midwife today said, "VBAC? No problem! Especially since you've already done one!" I was so happy about it! Anyway, love getting your posts...are you going out with Edward this weekend? Isn't it funny how you wish there were more of those books because it seems like the weekend would be a perfect getaway to "read" about Edward and Bella. Oh they just suck you in! I'm dying for the next one!:)
Even old women get twitterpated over Edward! The ultimate romantic fancy, all the finger touches, tender caresses, gentle glances, oohs and aahs and all the self control in the world! I loved it too! Mom
Even some of us males are infatuated with Edward. The chiseled body, the lightning-quick speed, the hunting, the great driving skills, his baseball prowess, and the cool cars. I'm not saying I have a crush on him, but I certainly wouldn't kick him out of my Super Bowl party. The sparkly skin costs him some points, but all of us guys have a few weaknesses, so we can overlook it...I guess.
Post a Comment