So I was in charge of the cake. I made a pink princess crown cake. I also made some hand dipped prince and princess wands for the goodie bags. They were both a lot of fun to make.
When all the kids got there we had a really cute crowing ceremony which Rylynn loved. Then we read a dancing princess story and danced to princess music. Then the bad guys (Kolby and Garrett) took the princesses downstairs so the princes could rescue them on their horses.
This is Rylynn's friend Emma. What a cutie!
The captive princesses!
Their knights in shining armor
Our mini prince! Carter was loving all the fun at the party too.
After the princesses were all saved we played pin the crown on the princess. Don't look too close I drew the princess myself. I did not inherit my mother's artistic talents:) Then we got to hit the big, pink flower pinata. This proved a little difficult with lots of sweet little princesses. Luckily we had a couple strong princes to smash it up for us. The kids went crazy when the candy came out and they all ran around piling it in their hands. Again the boys had the upper hand here because they had helmets to fill up with candy. The crowns were not so helpful for holding candy.
Most of the kids put the crown right in front of her face. A few of them peeked through the blindfold and placed it right on top. I love watching kids cheat at games! They act like why would I keep this weird thing over my eyes when I could just take it off and win the game? It was hilarious watching them all think the same thing.
Even Carter squeezed in and snagged some candy!
After the pinata we went into the adorably decorated dining room (thanks to Ali) and had cake, princess punch, and opened presents. Needless to say they had plenty of sugar!
This is a random picture I know, but I had to document my pink hands. My pink gel coloring was dripping all over my sink right before we left for the party so I quickly cleaned it up and ended up with pink hands for the party. The girls looked at me a little funny every time I got close to them with my pink hands. Rylynn got some really nice presents from her friends. She had so much fun. On the way home we asked her if she had fun and she said, "Yes, I had so much fun I want another party. I want a purple one and a yellow one too!" It was really cute. I am so glad I had Ali to help me with this party because she did a ton(not to mention she let us trash her house)! Rylynn often says to us, "kids is a lot of work" and on the way home Garrett said, "Rylynn birthday parties is a lot of work!" It was a lot of work, but it was so worth it and so much fun to see Rylynn have a blast. She came home and played with her new toys for hours. She was on quite the sugar high.
Tonight we took Rylynn to Red Robin for her birthday dinner because she wanted fries and a hot dog. She absolutely loved it! She had her first corn dog and when I asked her if she liked it she started jumping on the booth cushion and exclaimed, "I like it, I do!!" It was so funny. We had a huge booth and the restaurant was almost empty so we kind of let her jump all over. Then the servers came over and sang to her and brought her an ice cream sundae. She was clapping along with them as they sang and even Carter joined in. Then her night got even better when Red Robin himself came over to say hi. She loved him! We had to get a picture with him on the way out and he gave her a balloon too.
Then we headed home and opened presents from Nana and Papa. She loved them all and played with them until I made her go to bed. I think she would have stayed up playing with them all night if I would have let her. She also got to hear her cousins, Nana and Papa, and two of her aunts sing happy birthday to her on the phone. She felt very loved tonight! Thank you everyone who called.
We just love our little Rylynn and we are so grateful she has been in our lives for three years now!
9 comments:
rach, i loved that post! rylynn is such a cutie! i can't believe she turned 3!!!
awesome birthday bash, pink princess and all and all! Adorable! Alot of work but GREAT memories! It's worth it all!
So Cute! You're going to have to tell Garrett to suck it up on the long post and make it longer after I email you this video of Rylynn going at it with with the pinata (oh and throwing the bat!) So much fun! I'm glad we did it together. It makes for a much easier party when you're not doing it all yourself. I was quite exhausted after Jaxson's party, this one was a releif to have the help! I love the pictures!
Oh soooo cute! I am going to have to get some ideas from you because Lily's bday is coming up and she would love nothing more than a "pink princess" party. Her 2 favorite things!
Okay, I want to see this throwing of the bat video that Ali has! The party looked like it was so much fun and Olivia had a blast. You guys put so much work into it too! Great job. I have so much to live up to now for Olivia's party this summer. Thanks :) Now she thinks all parties are pink and come with pinatas!
You get the award for the most amazing mom. What a fun party, that was darling. And she is so so so cute! 3 is such a fun age (that is how old Spence's sister Sophie is) - great job Rachey - big fan of that party and Rylynn!
Happy Birthday Rylynn! You guys are seriously the cutest moms ever! Looks like it was such a fun party! I'm definitely taking pointers for Lucy's next b-day!!
Red Robbin scares us! I love your party! I can't wait untill I turn....21, so I can have the same one! They will have fun memories of that! I like how you included the boys too. :)
Rachel! Your family is too cute!!! I can't believe I found your blog! I love seeing everyone's families growing! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment