We had a wonderful Easter this year. On Saturday Rylynn and I had lots of fun dying the easter eggs. This was the first year she really got to do it herself and she did a great job! Carter was sleeping during this activity thank goodness, so it wasn't too messy. He can join us next year.

Rylynn and Carter looked so cute in their fancy Easter clothes if I do say so myself.

I made Rylynn a new flower bow to match her pretty dress that Nana gave her.

She was very excited to wear all her new Easter clothes. Carter didn't seem to notice. He did, however, perk right up when we gave him his Easter basket and he saw the candy inside. He has turned into a little candy monster!

They ate way too much, right before dinner of course. Then we had our friends from downstairs come to dinner. We had our traditional leg of lamb roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, really yummy green beans that Carissa brought, pear and blue cheese salad, and homemade rolls. Needless to say we were all stuffed! Then we had our annual egg rolling contest. Carissa won last year so we were determined to represent this year. However in the end, the final match was Adam vs. Rachel, and again the Poyfairs were victorious. We did have a children's division this year which was fun to watch! Rylynn and Olivia faced off and Rylynn was the winner. At least one of the Halls represented! (I tried to post the video, but it isn't working!) After the contest it was time for Eclair cake made by Carissa, which was amazing! The kids had a blast eating tons of sugar and playing. Rylynn got a princess dress for Easter from Nana and Carter got some cars. They both loved their presents and played with them for hours.

We missed our families but we had a great weekend thinking about our Savior and the gift of life that He gives to each of us through His atonement and resurrection. We are so grateful for His endless love for each of us.

Hope you all had a great Easter too!
9 comments:
Maybe it's self-explanatory, but what's an egg-rolling contest?
I LOVED your Easter pictures. How adorable is littey man with his man haircut. Rylynn looks beautiful too. I am thankful for these blogs. They let me almost be there!!
Glad you guys had a great Easter. As I was preparing for Easter I just kept thinking about the annual Easter egg hunt at Grandma's. What madness and a very special memory. What do you bet there is still a golden egg somewher in the yard.
janelle, the egg rolling contest is when two people face off across a blanket or carpet. Then you count to three and roll your eggs at each other. The egg that breaks is eliminated. The egg that doesn't crack gets to move on to the next round. It's very intense:)
You are such a cute mom Rach! I love their easter outfits, so fun! Your dinner sounded yummy - will you post your salad recipe, or email it to me? So, do you guys live in a house with a rentable basement or what?
kates, most of the homes for rent in Cleveland are multi-family homes. So we have the top floor and the attic and our neighbors downstairs have the bottom floor and the basement. They are in our ward and have kids too so it is a lot of fun!
Yea for a new post! The kids' Easter outfits were adorable and I loved the little flower in Rylynn's hair. Will you show me how to make them when we come out in the spring?
I have never heard of an egg rolling contest like that-sounds like something the boys would definitely be interested in! Smashing eggs, what fun!
Your kids look so cute! Carter totally looks like a little boy.
We missed you in Utah but it looks like you had a blast!
Your kiddos do look adorable on Easter! I loved your trip post too! What a fun trip! One of the places we could end up the next 2 years is in SC. You make me hope we get that assignment!
Post a Comment