Friday, March 21, 2008

A new member of the family...

No I am not pregnant! I am referring to our extended family. My brother Ben and his wife Molly are having a baby! We are very excited for them. So I was talking to Rylynn about this new member of our family and I asked her if she thought the baby was going to be a boy or a girl. She said, "it is a baby girl Mama." So I said oh well what do you think her name is going to be? She then told me three very unusual and interesting names which I really think Ben and Molly should consider. Drum roll please, the suggestions from the three year old are Skats, Casscass, and Cats! All great choices if you ask me. Somehow these names remind me somewhat of the names Rylynn used to call Ben while she was learning how to say his name. It became a game to her and she would say the most ridiculous names instead of saying Ben like we wanted her to. Anyway, we are excited for them!

In other news, Carter just got his first haircut of his life. I was so sad the day I cut it because I missed his long whispy hair, but after Garrett told me that at Myrtle Beach a lady came up to him and said, "Oh she is beautiful!" I decided it was time to cut it and make him look like a boy. So here are some pictures of our little boy!


Also, I wanted to post this cute little decoration in Rylynn's room. My friend has a vinyl cutting machine so she makes cute signs all the time. For Rylynn's birthday she called me and asked what sign I would want for a present for Rylynn. I told her to write "Dear Rylynn all flowers remind me of you" from the primary song. I sing this song to Rylynn and her bedding has flowers on it so I thought it would be cute. I love how it turned out and Rylynn loves having pink flowers and butterflies on her wall to protect her from the monsters at night:) Every time she sees the sign she points out that it says Rylynn on it. What a fun present!

7 comments:

Happy Home said...

Love, Love, Love the haircut! He looks like a little man. I remember going through the same feelings as we cut off Luke's long locks. It was also the "girl" comments that made the decision. Brandy actually gave him his first haircut!

Rylynn's room is so cute:) Someday, when I live in a house for more than a year, I will do vinyl lettering.

Fun postings!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Okay LOVE the sign. You should have her make you another one so you can take it with you when you leave. And yeah for your brother and sister in law!

Jana said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Both the haircut and the lettering.

Alison Day said...

Yeah - I love how that turned out! Wasn't that nice of Stacey to make those for us? Emma's turned out really cute too! I want to take it off and keep it when we move - I wonder if that's possible?

Mom Marilynn said...

darling haircut!! sad though, he looks like a little man instead of a baby! Love the vinyl lettering but all flowers are supposed to remind her of YOU!

Summer said...

Love the lettering!!! I need to call Stacey and order some! So cute!!!

Alexis said...

I can't believe Ben is having a baby...be sure to tell him I say Congrats.