We had a great day this fourth of July! First we drove down to Pleasant Grove and saw Garrett's brother's new house. It was great to see them again. Rylynn and Carter had fun seeing their cousins Brayden and Logan again. Then we headed to Seven Peaks water park for hours of sun and fun!

We loved the tube rides, but Rylynn's favorite was the one without the tubes where the water fills up in a giant tank behind you and then it rushes out and pushes you down the slide. She got so excited about it. I took the kids down the cave tunnel ride which is always fun with the smoke and the flashing lights. Daddy and uncle Clayton were brave enough to go down the straight down drop slides, but I was a wimp and watched the kids in the wave pool. I think that was Carter's favorite part. We stayed there until about 5:30, then headed back to Granny and Grandpa's house for a family bbq. It was great and we had a lot of fun. Rylynn and Carter's favorite part of dinner were the popsicles and the giant costco tub of licorice! After dinner aunt Erika bought some sparklers for Rylynn which was the highlight of the bbq! She had so much fun and was so brave with them. Sadly, on her last two (she held one in each hand), she burned her foot pretty badly and the party was over.
It was sad, and it was all my fault because she was barefoot, I know I am really smart. We were all barefoot and I burned my foot too, not as badly, but I don't recommend playing with sparklers barefoot for any of you that were considering it. After the accident Rylynn was burned out, no pun intended, and she and Carter both crashed for the night before the fireworks could start. I was amazed they lasted as long as they did since the water park really wore us all out. After the kids were asleep we sat on the balcony and watched three different fireworks shows. Garrett's dad lives on 12th Ave, so you can see the whole valley from their balcony. It is the best seat in the county! I wish I had more pics, but I couldn't take my camera on the water slides so these will have to do. I am so grateful to live in this country and for those heros who have given their lives to give us that freedom. I always think of my Grandpa on the 4th. He served in three wars and was a decorated hero. He was the most patriotic person I've ever known. I miss him and wish he was around to meet my kids and my husband. I am happy that I know someday he will meet them and I will see him again. Happy 4th everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment