Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I've lost all faith

Before you panic, I mean in movies! I went to the new Batman movie last night and it was so disappointing. I don't know maybe it is just because I am a mother now and cannot handle anything scary or violent, but seriously it was so depressing. I was all excited because the last movie I saw in the theater was Harry Potter last summer and I got a babysitter and everything. Then I swear the last 35 minutes I was just waiting for it to end since it had about 4 different endings. I was also appalled, sorry if you do this, by the parents who thought it would be a good idea to take their 2 and 4 and 6 year olds to this very dark and very violent PG-13 movie!!! Am I the only one who thinks that is terrible?! Anyway, the bottom line is I have really lost all faith in movies. I rent movies on net flicks because I can pay 5 dollars a month and see the movies that I know I will like. When you go to the theater it is always a gamble and it is way too expensive. I know I sound like an old maid, but I really used to love going to movies!! Anyway that is my rant for the week. By the way, if you didn't catch from the subtle comments, I do not recommend the new Batman! I do have to admit however, that I will be seeing Twilight the day it comes out:)

7 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Rach - what were you thinking seeing Batman over Mamma Mia? Go see it - your faith WILL be restored! Love ya.

Garrett said...

Yes, but how do you really feel about it?

Carissa Poyfair said...

So... I am totally seeing the Twlight movie with you. I haven't seen Batman (Adam saw it with the boys) so I don't know what to say about your lack of faith in movies :) but I'm sure when we all go see Twlight your faith will be restored! Oh, and when we see the other Harry Potter movie coming out too...

Adam said...

why so serious??

Draper's said...

Don't forget Garrett's comment about Twlight up at Zions... (I still laugh when I think about it.) Twlight should be rated R. - Matt

Carrie Anne said...

i feel the same way about taking kids to those kind of movies...seriously? it's like those people who take their kids to the store with them at 10 at night wondering why their kids are having breakdowns while they are shopping...get a clue people! i heard mamma mia is darling & a total chick flick must see. pierce brosnan singing? i'm with you on the netflix, too! i do the same and can watch all the chick flicks i want and not be scared to death with crazy nightmares! i loved your rant! and i love garrett and adam's comments...so funny!

Draper's said...

Rache, Saw it and loved it!!!! Will see it again. Matt