Saturday, August 23, 2008

End of an Era

So today is officially the second complete day that Rylynn has gone without her binkies!! We have talked about this for awhile, but with all the changes over the summer and Daddy being gone, we haven't attempted until now to really get rid of the binkies for good. So yesterday Rylynn was so excited to mail her binkies to the binky fairy. She put them all in an envelope and stuck them in the mailbox.

She had no problem all day without them and then she slept last night with no problem either so that was a great sign. So when she woke up this morning the binky fairy had left her a pink sleeping beauty dress that she has wanted for a long time and a little snow white doll that she has also been asking for.

She was thrilled!!


The binky fairy left her a letter telling her how proud she was of her and that she needed to keep being brave and being a big girl. So then today she wore her dress all day long. She asked to sleep in it but I had to put my foot down to that. She did great today again and she is so proud of herself. We are proud of her too!! I know it might seem crazy since she is 3 1/2 but she has loved those things so much and when Rylynn gets attached to something, it is very hard to get her unattached. I have to say even though she kept them longer than I would have liked, they were a lifesaver and I will encourage all my kids to have binkies; they're all going to need braces anyway! We are so proud of you Rylynn!!!

13 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That is so funny Rach. I LOVE it! You are the best mom ever, seriously!

Draper's said...

What a great idea "The Binkie Fairy"!! Way to go!!

Miriam said...

That was a great idea. I am so not ready to fight that battle with Hannah yet, but she's not quite two yet so I've got time, right? Hope it continues to go well!

Jess said...

Binky Fairy huh?? I have to remember these things!! Genius!

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Wow I wonder If I mailed some of Dax's binkies I could get some of those things for me? What a generous fairy! She is so sweet! Dax still has his and I have no intention of taking it away anytime soon. He never had a bottle or he just sucks on his fingers, or takes Lola'S! DOn't worry about the talking, mine are mute untill summer vacations when they come back using 7 word sentences! Keep em' quite while you can! LOL!

Summer said...

Yeah, Rylynn! What a cute idea, Rachel!!! Glad it worked so well!

Danielle said...

Yay for Rylynn! That is a really cute idea!

Kelli said...

I never had to use the binky fairy, Roman just flushed his binkies down the toilet so he kind of got rid of his all on his own. But I'm with you, I love binkies! And yes, I think Jeremiah got all his questions answered about applying to that law firm, we're just waiting for the green light from Garrett so he can submit it. Thanks for all your help!

Dane and Natalie said...

You are very creative! I guess I can consider myself lucky that my kids gave them up at 6 months. I love her new princess dress!

Carrie Anne said...

what a great idea for the binkies! i have finally caught up on your blog...man you have been having so much fun!!!! what a fun utah trip you had! i can't believe you are starting your last year of law school! time flies!

Ben and Laurie said...

What a GREAT idea! You are such a cute mom. I'll have to remember that one later. I wonder what the pioneers did without binkies. They are right up there with other necessities like blow dryers and straighteners!

Can you email me your email address at laurie_elmore27@yahoo.com so I can send a blog invite to you?

Thanks!

Elise said...

Wow, the binkie fairy is really nice! I wish she would have made it to our house! We made Brenna throw hers away (she said she was giving them to the spiders...weird I know), then we took them out of the trash and cut off the nipples. Harsh huh? I was totally regreting it the next day. That was the end of naps and my freedom. We love binkies, good luck with the transition!

Danielle Monson said...

Don't forget that your brother didn't part from his binkies until he was 5 1/2! I've loved looking at your blog!
-Jordan