
My older sister Marianne and her son Nathan came to visit us last week. Nathan is turning 8 years old on Halloween and he will be getting baptized shortly after his birthday. He has always loved the Joseph Smith story and the First Vision. His favorite song is "Praise to the Man" so when Marianne suggested coming out and going to the Sacred Grove for his birthday we were really excited. On our way to Palmyra we stopped to see Niagara Falls. We stayed on the US side this time but we decided to go on the Maid of the Mist boat because our friends said it was really cool. I'm so glad we did because it was amazing and so worth the 12 bucks!! I was a little worried that the kids might freak out when we went right into the heart of the falls, but they never did. Both of them thought it was really cool. We were all glad to have our ponchos on though since we got soaked!

This was taken right in the heart of the Canadian falls. The sound and energy of the water was amazing!

This is me in front of the American Falls. Only 10% of the total water of the falls runs over the American side, but they are still huge!

This picture and the one below were taken from the observation deck before you go down the elevator to the boats. I love this picture because you can see both the American and Canadian Falls and you can see the constant pillar of steam that rises above the Canadian Falls. It looks so cool.

I love the beautiful fall leaves against the blue sky and the falls. We couldn't have asked for better weather.

When we arrived in Palmyra we only had time to visit the hill Cumorah before we had to get the kids to bed. We were there a little before sunset and it was beautiful. The kids loved the monument and rolling down the hill! We had talked to the kids and explained that this is where the Angel Moroni had instructed Joseph to come and get the plates, so when we walked up to the monument, Rylynn saw a guy standing next to it and asked, "Mommy is that guy Moroni?" The guy laughed and told her she could call him that if she wanted to.

Family picture taken by "Moroni"

Me and the kiddies at the monument.

Carter pointing to the Moroni statue

The beautiful Hill Cumorah before sunset

Doesn't she look like a little missionary?
I think I need to split this post into two, so I will post about the Sacred Grove tomorrow.
5 comments:
You're all so dang cute. And I can't get over how Rylynn is your twin and Carter is Garrett's twin. I know I've said that a million times! :) You're so pretty in those pictures. Sounds so fun!!
Wow those pictures are amazing. Hill Cumorah is beautiful, that sunset picture you took, and you totally made me want to go to Niagra Falls. Love how the boat goes through the fall. Love the picture of you in your poncho.
Ok - that is TOO FUNNY about the Browns. I mean, they do have 10 kids in their family, but seriously, that makes me laugh so much. Where do they live (as in Gare's bro on his wife)? I can't wait to call Paola (Jason Brown's wife) and tell them the story tomorrow...
Wow, wow, wow! You are so lucky to take so many trips. I think we are going to do a similar trip next summer and these pictures got me very excited for it. My favorite picture of all is the one of you and Carter looking up. A great mom/baby moment.
Love You!
Your pictures are amazing. I would LOVE it if we could do a church history tour when we come out in spring, but we'll have to see what we can fit in! I promise to post some recipes..I actually have a few i've been meaning to post in forever. Plus, Garrett asked for the pumpkin cheesecake recipe that was on my blog. Miss you guys!
Okay Rachel it looks like you had a professional photographer take all these pictures! They're amazing!!
Post a Comment