Saturday, November 22, 2008

TWILIGHT!


I just wanted to put my official movie review up for all who care. I want to preface by saying that I went into the movie knowing that the book would always be way better than any movie made of it which I think all who go see it should remember. That being said, I really really liked the movie a lot! I have a very detailed memory so at first I just kept thinking of every little detail that was wrong like her bedding is supposed to be her old yellow quilt and the walls in her kitchen are supposed to be yellow from when her mom painted them, etc. But then I realized that I was ruining it by doing that and I just needed to accept that it was going to be different from the book so I should just take it for what it is and not compare on every point. That made it a lot better for me. I have to say I loved the chemistry between Bella and Edward, and I thought they both did a great job. I also loved the Cullen family, but I really wish there had been more Alice and more normal Jasper since he just looked really constipated the whole movie. Although he did look good during the baseball game. That was a really cool part BTW. I thought the vampire stuff was way cooler than I expected it to be too. So all I can say is the more I think about it the more I love it and I will definitely be going to see it again! I recommend it to people who have read it and who have not. I thought it was interesting that my brother went to see it and loved it and he has never read the books. Oh and I can't wait for NEW MOON!!!

I also just wanted to add that I had a great time with all these girls! It was such a fun night!

8 comments:

Miriam said...

I'm like you (and everyone else) and LOVED the books so I am so afraid that I am going to hate it. Hearing that you liked it gives me hope. I'm seeing it next week with my sis-in-law (another big fan). I sure hope we like it as much as you did!

Summer said...

I wish I could have gone with you gals! It was fun to read your review! I'm glad you liked it! I can't wait to see it.

Carissa Poyfair said...

I feel the same way. I went in knowing that it wouldn't ever be as good as the book and I ended up loving the movie. I am so excited for New Moon now!

Carrie Anne said...

thank you rachel! don't worry that i was checking your blog ALL DAY TODAY waiting to hear what you thought!:) i'm hoping i can go see it tuesday but i have to find a babysitter for the baby since james has to teach...we'll see what i can do!:) i love that you are so detailed...i'm re-reading the book this weekend to get ready for the movie. anyway, i'm glad to hear the results. thanks!!:)

Carrie Anne said...

okay so i am in love with your shirt! i just read online that the movie did so well that they have booked the next 2! YESTH PLEASETH!

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Yea! Go Twilight fans!! That was so much fun!

Draper's said...

I really liked it too!! I was worried I was going to hate it so I was pleasantly surprised. I can't wait for new moon either

BAja said...

https://www.tokopedia.com/zippozi/zippo-49213-scattered-letters-design-white-matte-finish