Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rylynn's first talk

In primary on Sunday Rylynn got to give her first talk! She has been wanting to give a talk ever since she got into primary so she was very excited. Her topic was I can strengthen my family. She colored two pictures for her visual aids, one was a picture of her helping her brother clean his room and the other was a picture of her helping her mama clean the house.

She was a little shy and nervous during the first part which is really uncharacteristic of Rylynn, but then she got brave and finished the talk really well.

She said she could strengthen her family by helping her family, then she showed her two pictures and explained them.

"I can also strengthen my family by making good choices and following the family rules and the commandments. I can set a good example for my little brother by not hitting and by being reverent during church and Family home evening. When I am kind to my family we can have the spirit in our home and that strengthens our family too. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

We were so proud of her! I can't believe that she and Carter are both going to be in primary in January. Rylynn has loved primary from day one so we will see how it goes with Carter. I am a little more worried about his transition since he will have turned 3 the day before the deadline! Also, I don't know how much he will like it when he realizes there are no balls, no cars, and no snacks in primary!

4 comments:

Draper's said...

Way to go Rylnn! I love her talk, so cute. Good Luck with Carter. Max missed the deadline by one day this year, it was tough at first but now he loves it.

The Miche's said...

That it such a sweet talk! Hopefully Carters transition will go smoothly!

Mom Marilynn said...

What an adorable talk! I could just hear her speaking as I was reading it!

Carissa Poyfair said...

What a good talk! I can't imagine her being shy. I am worried about Jack going into Primary too, but we'll see. Carter might be a little harder to adjust. That boy loves his cars and balls and snacks too much! How's the pregnancy?!