Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"One year older, and wiser too..."

Happy birthday to me!  I never blogged about it, but I had a great birthday a few weeks ago.  It was pretty low key, but Garrett and I got to go out to dinner with his cousin Stacey and Geoff.  We had a great time!  Then on Sunday we had our good friends the Slacks come over for dessert to celebrate.  My husband made this yummy cake!
Erin brought me some of her amazing oatmeal fudge bars too, you can see them in the pan on the counter. 

My actual birthday was on Monday so I got to talk to all my family and some dear friends.  Then I got these beautiful flowers in the mail from my awesome little sister!  Thanks Squage, they brightened our house all week.

On the morning of my birthday, my darling Rylynn got up and made this beautiful card for me.  I love the pipe cleaner rainbow!

It was so fun to get birthday wishes from so many people on facebook too.  I never go on there but it was really fun to reconnect with so many people for my birthday.  Also my awesome neighbor brought me over some warm home baked bread!  It was so good.  Basically I felt really loved and it made it a little better that I am a year older and getting dangerously close to the big 3-0!  AHHHHH!

9 comments:

M. Drape said...

Happy Birthday Rach!! That cake looks amazing, I am so empressed!! Love Rylynn's cutest artwork.

Summer said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! Don't worry - 30 isn't too bad! ;)

Carissa Poyfair said...

30 is totally the new 20. It's so much fun! I'm glad your birthday was special. You have some really nice neighbors to bring you homemade bread too! Your cake looks super yummy too!

Mom Marilynn said...

you are not very close to the big 3 oh, several years away! Besides, it's not the mileage that matters but the view along the way and you are creating a beautiful landscape!

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!!
Hey funny story--a few weeks ago I texted you "how's your burger coming along" and "you" texted back "what burger?" Anyway this conversation went on until I realized it was a Young woman in my ward named Rachel, I forgot I had her number in my phone. So anyway--"How IS your burger coming??" :)

Carrie Anne said...

that cake looks soooooo good...can garrett please make one for me? thank you. and also, i am glad you fantasize about edward watching over you...can you even handle the eclipse trailers? june 30th baby! i so wish i lived near you so i could go with you!!!!!

Marilyn said...

yummy deserts! Happy Birthday!

Marilyn said...

i meant desserts... opps!

ssh said...

let's not think about the dirty thirty. can g make my bday cake? yum. hope you got a little extra sleep on your day!