This is the newest member of our family! Oliver Cinnamon Rocky Hall. We just call him Ollie though. He is 8 weeks old and officially ours. I still can't believe it.
It all started off as a normal day. The kids and I were on our way to Walmart to buy school supplies. Next thing you know we turn the corner and there are these ladies holding up these adorable puppies on the side of the road. So of course the kids wanted to get a better look. I wasn't concerned since my kids ask for a puppy pretty much every day and every time I say the same thing, "When our last baby is 5 years old we can get a dog!" So we pulled over and held them and I realized I was in trouble because this little guy reminded me so much of my little dog growing up. Not at all in looks but in temperment. He was so mellow and so calm. He would just lay in your arms and fall asleep.
So I told the lady we had to go buy school supplies but that I would call my husband and we might be back. In my mind I was thinking "yeah right". So we are walking around buying school supplies at Walmart and I call Garrett and say, "Hey we were wondering if we could buy a puppy" fully expecting him to shoot me down immediately. Then to my surprise he said, "I have been wanting a puppy lately!" So I told him to come over and take a look.
So next thing you know we are both in love with this little guy and he is in our car on the way home to our house. So beware when shopping at Walmart!!
We have had him for 4 days now and I have to say it has been much easier than I expected. He whined a bit the first night, but He has been doing really well with house training. He is supposedly a chihuahua but we don't really believe that since he looks nothing like one. He has floppy ears and a rounded face. We have looked up a ton of pictures on line and think he looks most like a chi-poo. That's what you get when you buy a puppy from some random lady at Walmart. Oh well, we love him and the kids are in heaven. He really is a great dog. He's so sweet and cuddly and really mellow. I never thought this day would come so soon, but so far we are loving little Ollie! The neighborhood is in love with him too and we already have babysitters lined up for Christmas vacation. This is the perfect neighborhood for a dog. So yeah, we are dog owners!
11 comments:
how big does he get?
Wow that is crazy! I don't think I will ever make that step- but never say never, right!? He is definitely not a chihuahua, he's much cuter!
Yes I concur, you have lost your mind! No, just kidding - your story is pretty great and this hillarious about it being a 'chihuahua!' Glad it is going well so far, he is a cutie!
He'll be less than 10 pounds full grown...supposedly.
SO CUTE! And I am so jealous! My kids want a puppy too so maybe we'll lose our minds too and get one when we move. He is adorable though. And definitely not a chihuahua. Maybe your vet can help you figure it out? Now we have another reason to come and visit!
So Cute!! You are the nicest parents.
Wow! you are a WAY nicer mom than I am! He is dang cute though! It would be hard NOT to fall in love with that little guy!
what's one more to the mix?! haven't quit the job yet. brad has been out there for about 3 weeks. i'm flying out this weekend to see him and won't move out there until the beginning of october. i'm sad to leave my job :( but it's for a good thing.
oh wow! it's probably one of those things you just "know." i'm glad it's going well. you are so much braver than me! but i am sure the kids adore ollie.
He is adorable!
You are very brave. I only had out door dogs when my kids were young. It sounds like you got a good though...
Post a Comment