This year Garrett was a huge ball of stress for his birthday. Not because he was turning 32, but because the week of his birthday he had his first big trial in Seattle and he could not stop worrying about it. So needless to say, his actual birthday was nothing special. In fact he didn't eat hardly anything for the whole week of his birthday until after the trial. But of course, he did great and came out victorious, so on Friday we finally got to go out to dinner to celebrate. Then Garrett decided to invite a "few" friends over for dessert on Sunday to celebrate. Well the "few" turned into about 60 people since all the youth in our ward love Garrett and wanted to come with their parents.
I don't think you can tell from this picture just how crowded our house was, but it was lots of fun! Luckily it was a nice night so most of the kids flowed out to the backyard.
We played a fun "how well do you know Garrett" game and the answers that people gave were kind of funny(we haven't even lived here for a year yet), but it was a good way for them to get to learn a little bit more about him.
We had banana splits/sundaes, chocolate birthday cake, and root beer floats. A few of Garrett's favorite things. It was a lot of fun and craziness!
So in honor of this amazing man I love, I will finally post our garden pictures from this summer! Garrett worked so hard to make our garden awesome and we have loved having it this summer.
We had a space off to the side of our deck that was basically wasted space that got full sun, so we ripped up the grass thinking it would be a fairly easy job. We were WRONG! The dirt here is sooooo rocky. 
We ended up having to rent a tiller machine(I think that's what it's called) to dig up all the dirt and rocks to level it all out. And of course this was on the hottest day of spring and it was like 90 degrees that day.
Then he outlined it all with paver bricks to make it look nice.
Then we had to add in all the "good dirt". I never realized how much work goes into gardens. I was mostly in charge of the weeding when I was younger:)
But it worked out great! We had beans, tomatoes, beets, carrots, zucchini, summer squash, and strawberries. Our only completel dudds were our bell peppers.
It's so nice going out to the garden to get veggies instead of the grocery store.
This year has been a tough one for Garrett and I have never seen him work so hard in his life, but I have never seen him grow so much either. He has successfully started and run his own law firm for the past ten months, been the world's best Dad and husband, and in his sparetime he is the YM's president! We love you Garrett and feel so blessed to have you in our family!!! Happy Birthday!
5 comments:
What a great turnout he had for his birthday! It sounds like it was lots of fun. Happy birthday Garrett!
WOW! I'm so impressed with the garden! That is awesome. This was my first year doing it...and not much survived but I'm going to keep trying!
Happy b-day to Garrett! I can't imagine the stress of running his own firm, but how nice to be your own boss!
Your garden looks beautiful! It sounds like the party was a blast! So perfect that you are both working with the youth.
Awesome garden!! We worked really hard on ours and got one tomato, about 6 cherry tomatoes and some hot peppers that I picked way too early. It was really sad. We didn't put in the good dirt and it really showed. The dirt here is so hard and thick like clay.
You guys have been busy and Congratulations to Garrett on his case! That has to feel so amazing!
We will certainly get together when we get there. We are keeping Liberty Lake in mind. There are just so many choices.
Your life is so full right now! I loved catching up on your blog. I think Bram and I would have LOVED to play "How well do you know Garrett?"
I know exactly how you feel about kids growing up. Luke started Kindergarten as well (in two different schools!) and I was so nervous about him riding the bus. He loves it! I can't believe Beckett is one, you and I are 27 (seriously, when did we get so old?, and that you have a puppy?!? Come visit me in Georgia:)
Post a Comment