I just love this boy so much!! This picture is right before they let us leave the hospital on Monday night. I still can't believe we got to leave that night and the worst injury on the list was stitches. Honestly this whole experience has just put everything into perspective for me. When I was standing outside the CT scan room I was just praying and crying in the hallway and I just kept repenting for every cross word I had spoken to this boy and to all of my kids and promising that if I got to keep him that I would be so much more patient and loving. Since we got home I have found that all his two-year old ways of getting intp trouble bug me much less than they did before. Like getting in the dishwasher and unloading all the dirty dishes after I just loaded them or insisting that he open his yogurt himself and spilling it all over the carpet. I just hold him and hug him and tell him I love him every chance I can get. It is such an emotionally draining job to be a Mom but this experience has reminded me what a gift and a blessing each one of my healthy beautiful children are in my life. I need to celebrate that more each day. It also reminded me yet again how much my Heavenly Father loves me and helps me each day in this most important job. He never asks me to do it alone. He is always there. I am so thankful he saved my son and let me continue to try each day to be a good Mom.
This was when Beckett was strapped to the board and the hospital. It was so sad to see him like this and I was so thankful when they finally unstrapped him and we could hold him again.
Here he was all ready to go home.
And here is the window he fell from. The screen stayed broken and hanging there for a couple of days. I still can't look out this window without reliving the whole scene. All I can say is what a miracle!
6 comments:
Beautiful post Rachel and wonderful perspective for all of us to be reminded of. We are so glad little Beckett is ok - love to you all.
What a huge miracle. I watched the video and it is just amazing that he is okay! We want to have your family over for dinner soon! I will call you next week.
What a scary experience! So glad to hear your little guy is doing well.
P.S. I'm Mark Terry's younger sister, so I'm not a completely random stranger stalking your blog. :)
Wow! I am so glad Beckett is doing good. Something no mother ever wants to experience. Your post is a great reminder to all mothers about the importance of cherishing every moment and knowing we are never alone.
You were a great Mom to begin with...now you just stepped up your game. Hugs and love to you all
I am so glad he is ok!!!!
Post a Comment