So I'm not sure if I have posted about Carter's ridiculous obsessions with food yet, but if I have, I haven't explained the full extent of his craziness. So carter is a pretty easy going kid. The only time he is completely unreasonable is when he is hungry, or actually, just anytime food is involved. If we don't feed him fast enough at dinner he just yells at us. I swear this kid would walk through fire if he saw food on the other side. So the other day I got home from grocery shopping and he came into the kitchen and saw all the new food on the floor which I was unloading. His eyes grew wide and he just started waving his arms and screaming. So then he saw a package of tomatoes and got really excited. Somehow he managed to open it up when my back was turned and when I turned back around he was about to shove a whole tomato in his mouth. I quickly took it away because I didn't think he would like it which made him really mad and he started to bawl. So I said okay you can try it, but I don't think you will like it. He then proceeded to eat the entire tomato like it was an apple and just smiled and laughed through the whole experience as tomato juice and pulp ran all down his face, neck and clothes. It always makes me laugh when Carter gets crazy about food because it reminds me of my big brother who, if he could, would still scream about how much he loves food! I can't wait to see this kids appetite when he is a teenage boy because he is already eating us out of house and home!
So I just had to post this funny new hobby Rylynn has adopted. The last few days when I tell Rylynn to pick out some clothes to wear, she has been heading to Carter's dresser and putting on his clothes! Mind you she is almost three years old and she is wearing 12-18 month clothes. It is pretty funny that she can even get them on at all, but she is such a skinny minny that they just end up being capris and 3/4 length sleeve shirts on her. She just loves this new little game. I don't fight with her about it because at least she is keeping her clothes on for once!
6 comments:
That's so funny about BOTH kids. Rebecca likes to wear Little James' clothes, too. I love that Carter loves food so much. Little James is so crabby when he doesn't eat soon enough! He literally wakes up in the morning, comes into bed and whispers right in my ear, "Mommy! Mommy! I need some bwreakfast!" Ugh! You're so great with your kids!
I love it!!! It makes me just smile till my face hurts to remember my Ben baby, Carter #1 and the passion for food! Just wait until he is in fourth grade! He will be famous! I love the cross dresser picture too! I think its a good look especially since it is what, 2 degrees there and the alternative is naked!
What a cutie Carter is! His hair is SO cute! Andrew and I were just talking about feeding 3 boys! They really surprise me sometimes! The ballet pictures are adorable too. What a big girl she is! Thanks for he fun pictures.
Rachel- This is seriously hilarious!!! I have to say I am jealous, I would love to have a kid that eats a tomato like an apple. Lily will eat like 3 things- mac n cheese, yogurt and chicken nuggets. I'm exaggerating a little, but not much. He is too adorable!!
My kids hate tomatoes, a gene they got from me. Anyway, to change your pictures, you need to right click on them while they are still in your "my pictures" folder and choose "rotate clockwise" or "rotate counterclockwise". You can't change the position after you put them on your blog, so fix them on your computer first.
rach! that story about carter made me laugh. the sad thing is that i still act the same about food and i'm 24...scary!
Post a Comment