One sad, one funny....
So last night Carter kept waking up and I was getting so frustrated because it didn't appear that anything was wrong. We tried all the usual tricks to calm him down, but it would only work for a little while and then he would start wailing again. Finally around 2:30am he went to sleep. This morning while standing in line at the post office, I noticed that Carter's right ear was covered in junk! When I touched it he started crying, so I took him to the doctor and it turns out that last night while I was so impatient with him for not sleeping, his eardrum burst:( I felt like the worst mom ever. I feel so bad for him, he unfortunately got my ears. I knew one of my kids would. My eardrum burst several times growing up so I know first hand what he was going through last night. Poor kid. Will our family ever be healthy again? Ahh. I am sick of being sick.
So the funny story is that Rylynn was asking for a treat while I was making dinner as usual, and as usual I was saying no because it was time for dinner. So I was explaining that maybe if she ate a good dinner she could have a treat afterwards. She of course said I don't want to eat dinner. So I said dinner is really good for you, it helps to make your body strong and healthy. She then said in a whiny voice, "I don't want a healthy, strong body!" I just had to laugh. This story brings me to my love item for the day.
I love having a strong, healthy body. I especially realize this when I am not healthy. It makes me realize how much I take my health for granted. It is sad but I already think of things I used to do when I was younger and cringe from the thought of how much it would cause me now. My younger, stronger body used to do back handsprings and dive and roll on the hard floor in volleyball and all sorts of things that I am way too out of shape to consider these days. I sound like an old lady, but sometimes at the end of the day I feel like one. It is a lot of work holding kids all day long. All that being said, I love that I have the ability to hold my kids and play with them and do all that I need to do!
7 comments:
Rachel! Your hair looks so cute!
Those stories just cracked me up. Poor little Carter. Holy smokes girl, I just read that you are going to be in Phoenix tomorrow! I know you are coming to see family you probably haven't seen in a while, but if you have ANY extra time, we should totally meet up for at least lunch - we could also call Britt. It's totally ok if you have no time, cause we will see you in Utah, but if so we will so have to meet up. Let me know your thoughts!
Aren't you flying today? Poor Carter with his ear, and now he's got to rapidly change elevation and air pressure...poor you and everyone else on the plane, too!
I love your hair! It looks great!
-Diane
OOh Rachel...
you're not an old lady; you're just a pup! Kids CAN wear you out. I bet you have a new appreciation for your mom Yes?
Your kids are cute!
I love the new hair and yes, I relate to how sad it is when you see the dried up goop on the outside of your baby's eardrum. Been there done that! Once it has happened though, every time he gets sick put slight pressure on his ear and see if he reacts, because once it has happened, it comes again. Avoid the tubes in the ears! That was awful and Ben still has problems with his ears! ahhhh being a mom is hard! It's a good thing you are so young and strong and I'll bet you could still do a pretty mean cartwheel if you tried!!
Why have I been neglecting my blogging addiction???? I can't believe I didn't know about Breaking Dawn, and now I cannot wait thanks to you! (Do you like how I address the important things first?):) Your hair looks beautiful and I totally love it! You are braver than me, but maybe soon I'll be daring again.:) Poor Carter! That's the worst, but at least you know now...you are a wonderful mother, and I would've done the same thing. I hope you have a blast in AZ! So fun! And I'm LOVING your "loves" each day...I forgot you started that! Have a great day! I hope all of your sicknesses go away while you're in AZ!
Post a Comment